30

Dedicated to nefariousxx for her sweet comments on Gone and this story! Literally, your comments put a HUGE smile on my face. Thanks lovely :)

* * * 

BACK - 30

[EMMA]

I tap the steering wheel impatiently as I wait for the traffic light to turn to green.

Issac's text really worried me. What was wrong? Usually, when someone would say the words 'I need to talk to you', it never ends well. Maybe he has some bad news for me. I hope not.

The light turns green and I press on the accelerator.

I also need to tell him about my conversation with Diesel. I needed to tell him that we both talked it out and we're fine. But I needed to thank him for his encouraging words.

I'm glad I took a risk and confided in Issac, it's the first step to giving him another chance. It made me feel really happy that I had someone I could talk to again about my problems, just like old times. His reassuring words always helped and I'm happy that he hasn't lost them.

I arrive at the café and notice that Issac has his car parked on the side. He's already here. I speed-walk, because running would make me look stupid, into the café and walk straight to the corner table. Our table.

Issac's facial expression doesn't give much away. He's got a straight face as he looks at his phone. Is he happy, is he sad? He sees me and gives me a small smile. I smile back as I take a seat.

"Are you okay?" The question is out of my mouth before I can stop it.

I see a small sparkle in his eyes, like he's happy to hear my concern but I ignore it, "I'm fine."

"What's wrong then?" I ask impatiently. I want to know.

"I'll tell you, but first I need to go to the toilet."

I sigh but nod, "Okay then. Hurry."

I pull out my phone, remembering that I forgot to text Diesel:

'Hey babe, will be home a little late. Issac needs to talk.'

Almost immediately my phone pings and I pick it up to see a reply from him.

'Alright, don't be too long! I miss you and I love you.'

I smile.

'I love you too.'

I set my phone down again and look straight ahead. I expected Issac to come back now, yet there was no sign of him. I turn my head to the left to see if he's there but he isn't.

It's Lola.

She's looking at me and I'm looking at her. She walks closer to me and I get out of my seat to walk closer to her. We stand face to face and just stare.

"Emma, it's you isn't it?" Lola asks, looking stunned but happy.

I simple nod, smiling a little too. I'm supposed to be angry at her but I can't help but admit I've missed her presence in my life.

We both continue to stare and before we both know it, tears are falling down our cheeks. Lola's standing in front of me. She's here, after over a year.

"I've missed you," I whisper as my eyes get filled with tears. Lola reaches to wipe mine and I wipe hers.

"Can I hug you?" She asks, looking hopeful. I don't answer but instead wrap her in a tight hug instead. She laughs a little, "I've missed you so much."

* * *

"I can't believe you're here." I say as I take a sip from my usual coffee. Lola takes a sip of her cappuccino.

"I can't believe you hugged me!" We both laugh and then it all goes silent.

I play with my coffee and mutter, "I've missed you."

"I know. I've missed you too." I look up at her and see that her face is now serious, "Emma, I'm sorry."

"Lola, I'm sorry." We both say at the same time.

"Me first," Lola says with a small smile, I nod. "Emma I was a horrible friend for not supporting you at the time. Instead of helping you I went ahead and argued with you, telling you to leave him." She didn't say Diesel's name. "I knew how much you went through with Issac and all yet I still did it. I was stupid, for that I'm sorry."

"Done?" I ask, she nods. "Lola, I'm sorry. You were just doing your job, being my best friend. When I came to you the night that Diesel was caught cheating, I asked you about what you'd do. You simply told me that you'd leave him and I disagreed with you. I thought you were being a bitch and I argued with you. I'm sorry for being a cow."

Lola shakes her head gently, her soft curls bouncing as she does so. "Emma, you're not a cow. I guess we both had very different opinions on the scenario and just clashed. I do think we could've handled it a little maturely though."

"Yeah, we could've. So am I forgiven?" I ask, putting my cutest smile on display.

"No." I pout, "Just kidding, of course you are! But, only if I am."

I nod frantically, "You're forgiven!" I get up from my seat and go to hug her, for as long as I can. It feels nice and I really have missed her. I've said it many time but I did, I just didn't realise it. She was with me through an important stage of my life, she became my badass partner and my first real friend that wasn't Issac. Lola meant a lot to me and I treated her like shit.

I'm glad she came here. Wait, why did she come here? I pull away from the hug and look at Lola, "Lo, how come you came here out of the blue?"

"Oh well, you see it was Issa- hang on a minute! Where is he?" She looks around and I do the same.

I look at the men's bathroom door, expecting him to come out of there. Instead, towards the right I see a patch of sandy hair and immediately recognise Issac. I tell Lola and us both get up to walk to the side door. We slowly creep out to find Aaron and Issac both attempting to hide behind the tree.

I now know how Lola came about to coming here.

One word: Issac.

* * *

Author's Note: YAY! THEY MADE UP :)

I also wanted to say that this book is nearly over :(

Abot 3-6 chapters left, including the Epilogue.