The Battle

After the incident with Kimiko and Soryu, Soryu suggests that we head into town, stopping by the Ice Dragons' branch here in my hometown first. I had a hard time figuring out what happened, but I fought that little voice in my head and I believed Soryu. I still believe in him, and I trust him fully. I have to really watch out for Kimiko though. 

As Soryu and I are about to leave the house, Yasura calls me over from the kitchen. "Sakura, we are running low on groceries. Can you go over to Sugi Groceries and tell them to deliver these over later in the evening today?" Yasura hands me a list that he's jotted down. "Oh sure" I take the list and put it into my purse. 

-------------------

Waiting outside my house is Samejima with the car. When did he organize this? He bows once he sees us approaching the car and opens the door for us. As we drive on the road that I've seen almost every day for the last 18 years of my life, I chatter about all the memories that come flooding back. Some happy and some sad. Soryu listens intently and puts in his comments here and there. We laugh in the car, as I reminisce about my childhood.

------------------------ 

The moment we open the door of the office, we are instantly formally greeted by the Ice Dragon members. They seem very proud yet slightly nervous that the Ice Dragons' boss would come visit. You know they've been practicing because all of them are bent at exactly 45 degrees. Impressive. Soryu reciprocates their greeting and he immediately demands papers and reports from the men. He even memorized the names of these men even though this is the first time he's meeting them? Soryu never seizes to surprise me. I make myself comfortable on the couch, where I'm (hoping is) out of the way. I take in my surroundings and watch the men run around the office and listen to the comforting sounds of a busy office. Reminds me of the office back home. 

As promised, Soryu finished his work in a flash. He comes out of his office and heads towards where I am once he sees me. I stand up and straighten out my clothes as he approaches me. He gives an apologetic look once he's in front of me. "Sorry. That took longer than I had planned." I look down at my watch. It took 35 minutes. He wanted to finish earlier than that? "What are you talking about? That was like half an hour. The time went by in a flash. Don't worry about it" I reassure him that it was fine. One of the men approaches us hesitantly. "Excuse me, Boss. But um.. may I ask if she is also a member of the Ice Dragon family? I-I don't mean to be rude!" 

Soryu's eyes widen slightly in shock at the bold question from his underling. I instantly blush at his question, but then realize nobody has ever asked us that question before. Everyone at the office back home knew we are a couple, so nobody ever needed clarification. I look toward Soryu, curious to hear his answer. Soryu clears his throat and says in a serious tone, "Everyone, please stop whatever it is that you are doing for a moment. This is Sakura Sho. She is not offically an Ice Dragon member." I hear murmurs in the background. The men are uneasy hearing that an outsider is so close to the organisation. Well this is awkward. I'm an outsider. An enemy.

But Soryu's voice silences everyone again. "I'm not finished yet. She is not officially an Ice Dragon member. Yet. She is my secretary, my partner, and most importantly, she is my fiancée." Oh my. My face is getting hot I just know it. I wish everyone would stop staring. Soryu takes my hand has he finishes his introduction of me. The men instantly start clapping and whistling, while shouting out congratulations. I glance over to look at Soryu to see that he is trying to suppress his embarassed look, and to maintain his 'Boss Look'. But that tint of color in his cheeks is all I need to know how he's really feeling. Soryu clears his throat again to quiet down the crowd. "So please treat her with utmost respect. I expect nothing less of that from any of you. She's my equal. Understand?" "YES BOSS." "Good. I'm done for the day, please finish everything that I've assigned. I'll be in tomorrow to check your work." And with that, me and Soryu leave, with the Ice Dragons bowing behind us.