•thirteen

"Things are never going to be the same again."

•lucas

"Remember not to get lost in the airport. And don't talk to strangers while you are waiting to get on the plane," Conrad said.

This was his way of saying goodbye to me. Conrad was very good at saying goodbye to anyone so I just laughed.

"I'm going to miss you too," I replied, pulling him into a hug.

Sometimes I think about how Conrad and I never would have become friends if Maya and I wouldn't have broken up. It makes me feel like we had to break up so that I could meet him.

"Now whatever you do don't come back. You are a great friend, but I definitely think you should be sharing a room with somebody else besides me," He joked.

I just laughed at his response and opened up my car door.

Just as I was going to get into the car Conrad turned back around and yelled at me.

"Catch," he yelled, throwing something.

I caught it. He threw the box that had Maya's ring in it.

I had almost forgotten to bring it along with me.

"The next time that I want to see that ring is on Maya finger," he said.

I nodded, "Thanks for everything. You have truly been an awesome roommate."

"I know. Now go find Maya."

And just like that I was off. I drove off and watched Conrad slowly get smaller and smaller in the distance. He waved to me until I could no longer see him anymore. I was definitely going to miss him.

But I couldn't wait until I was back in California.

-

A very short chapter that contained Lucas and Conrad's bromance.

I wonder if I should bring Conrad and his girlfriend back later in the story.