It's Bitter Sweet (Prologe)

All rights reserved. Copyright 2015

•This is a Girl x Girl love story so if that isn't your thing then byyyyyye. Also June swears alot, it's just apart of her personality•

*Unedited*

"June Isabel Winters." Mr. Walridge, my now former principle calls out my name as I stand at the end of the stage. Without even thinking about it, my left foot somehow makes its way onto the stage, the rest of my body follows. At this point I thought I would've passed out by now. Embarrassing myself like I always thought I would on my graduation day. But by some miracle, my hand meets with the principles in a quick shake and I'm off the stage. My family's shouting my name at me as I quickly walk, almost run, down the red velvet like ramp.

"Dylan Young." Hmp, and the jerk literally told me that he wasn't going to use his middle name. As soon as I sit down, my beautiful boyfriend makes his way across the stage, his strides long and confident, his cap as gown fitting him in the most flattering way. Well, as flattering as a cap and gown can get. My eyes stay glued to him as he makes his own way down the ramp. His steps longer but smoother than mine, that fucking show off. He sits down next to me, pretending that he doesn't feel me staring at him, but that smirk on his face tells me different. "Take a picture babe." He mumbles, still refusing to look at me. God he can't be so infuriating. I turn away, facing forward to pretend to listen to my ex principle- ha. Although I do lean over, my head softly resting on his should,"I'm gonna cut you dick off." I whisper before straightening myself back out. I feel him tense next to me. That's what he gets for being a douche. You would think that after two years, he would know that I'm a force to be messed with.

"Will the class of 2015 please rise." Mr. Walridge says, it's only know that I notice he spits a bit when he talks, ew. Everyone stands, all clad in our silver and blue gowns, with matching silver and blue caps. My bestfriend turns around, giving me the biggest, cheesiest grin as the principle goes on. About to utter words I've waited to hear since middle school. "Now take you tassels, and move them from the right side of you head, to the left." All of us, copying him like machines. Anticipation rises, I can just make out the way my mother holds her breath through the other wise silent hall. My left hand is taken hostage by a much larger one, his body tensing again but not for my earlier words. I'm damn near shaking in my heels, my eyes flicker to Cory, she's wiggling. Almost the entire senior class can't sit still. Here it comes.

"I know present you. The graduating class of 2015!" Everyone loses it, I'm shouting, throwing my hands up in the air as arms are wrapped around me. We did it. We finally really fucking did it. Without evening thinking about, I jump up and wrap my legs around Dylan's waist, pulling him in for the biggest, wettest kiss ever. We fucking did it. Twelve years of hard work, annoying teachers, and having to raise your hand to use the toilet, finally over. It's bitter sweet, really.

I'm pulled away from Dylan, I can't tell if it's because of Cortland, Dylan's best friend, or my own. Cory pulls me towards her, tears running down her plump cheek. I think I might actually be crying also. This is insane. "Tell me you aren't gonna miss it." She mumbles into my ear. I barely hear her through all of the cheers from my fellow classmates. "I can't," I choke out, my tears harder than I thought they were. It's over. It's really over. I pull her closer to me, squeezing her with all of my might. Why? that's beyond me, we're going to same college, were actually going to share a dorm. It'll be different though, I think that's why. We won't have a certain time to go to lunch, or see the same groups of people every day. I won't be able to dramatically run into her arms as soon as I see her at her locker everyday. Dylan won't be mine anymore, Zara won't even live in the country anymore. This is so fucking bitter sweet. "Everything's gonna change." I whisper, I don't know if I was talking to myself or Cory. She's the only person I've told of my fears of this day. My fears of the end of the summer.

"Graduates, your families are waiting for you near the main entrance. It was nice helping you all. And I will miss you dearly." Oh god, put the nail in my pity coffin. Dylan, Cortland, Zara, Mya, Cory and I gave poor Mr. Walridge hell. And now? I look up and Dylan's near the stage giving him a heart felt hug. Change is terrifying. Absolutely nerve wrecking.

Before I knew it, the sound off our feet scuffing against the tile floors fill my ears. Every last person from our crew's running towards the hugging pair. God, I'm going to miss my daily trips to visit him. I crash into Dylan, spreading my arms wide enough to pull them both into a hug. Everyone from our group follows. "You were the best Mr. Walridge." Zara says to him. Her Russian accent has died down alot since she's been here. But I know that once she goes back, it'll be stronger than ever. "Don't make me cry, kids." He says back to her. You never realize how much you take things for granted. You don't. "Go on," He softly pushes us away. "Your futures waiting." He went to the most cliche line. For some reason my heart clenched and my eyes watered even more. The future before hold the fuck on. "Although," he looks at all of us, scanning out features like hes trying to put us in his mind forever. "I need to know what my favorite six students will be doing this time next year. " there's that question. One of the ones that makes me dread the future even more.

Zara sniffles, briefly looking us all in the eye. "I am going home. Ill attend college near my family. But that will not be the last you see of Zara Cavonoch." She says with confidence. I can feel the melancholy creeping up on me. It probably will be.

Cortland slags his arm around Dylan, a bright smile on his face. He's always been so happy. I'm going to miss that. "We'll be chillin' in Cali next year. We both got into USC Mr. Walridge. Can you even believe it?" His smile's enough to light up a room. Beautiful. Our principle shakes his head a little, until he starts nodding. His eyes snapping to Cory, Mya and me.

"I'll be with Zara." Mya squeaks out. She's always been the quiet but helpful one. Especially when it came to pranks. Everyone looks to her. Mostly out of shock. Everyone but Cory and I. Mya squeezes her eyes shut, her head down. "I love you all, and I'm sorry for not telling you. But Zara and I are dating." Someone inhales sharply, I think it was Mr. Wal-fuck it, I think it's Ryan. But, honestly we'd be in their position too, if we believed in boundaries and had knocked on Zaras door before we enter. We had caught them red handed and blushing.

Suddenly, Cortland laughs," I fuckin knew it!" He yells. That same gorgeous smile on his face. Ryan clears his throat. Stealing the attention away from our newly outed friends. "And what about my ring leaders?" He asks,. His brown eyes now zooming in on Cory and I. We hold hands, I think I'm still crying a bit, so my other half speaks for me," We're going to Weslyan Mr. Walridge. We did it." She beams. That same sad look sitting on her face. But it also mixes in with pride. We did fucking do it. We got into one of the most prestigious school. All on our own. Ryan beams, glancing at all of us once again. He opens his arms, and naturally, we all just fall into them. I never thought I'd see the day where I'd honestly say "Im going to really fucking miss you Mr. Walridge." But it came out of my mouth anyway. "If this wasn't the last time I was going to see you- at least for now, I'd tell you to watch your mouth Ms. Winters." He laughs as his grip on us loosens. He pulls back, sending the six of us one last huge smile, beaming with pride, before he turns and walks away.

Goodbye, Mr.Walridge.

Goodbye, Highschool.

Goodbye life I've become accustomed to.

*****
What do you think? I'm trying out a new writing style and its so much easier for me to write this. It's a little over 1400 words which I think I'm going to try to make every chapter of this book. I'm soooooo excited. Also the book won't have this sad, moving on feel through out it. I just really wanted to capture graduation vibe.

Hope you enjoy 😸