Chapter 10

"Yay! The end of the day!" I thought to myself happily, smiling as I ran up the stairs to my locker willing myself to move faster. Once I got there, I opened the locker door and a piece of paper fell to the floor.

"What the..." I muttered, bending down to read what was on it.

Hi Jennifer,

I know you might be thinking, "Who the hell is this?" since that's so likely of you to say but take your time and read this.

I haven't met you for a long time but the first time I laid eyes on you, I knew you were 'The One'. What I'm trying to say is that I like you. You aren't fake like the other girls that have makeup on their faces 24/7 and trying to kiss up to all the popular guys.

I hope we can be a couple or something someday. And if you really want to know who I am, you just got to know where to look. You never know.

Sincerely, Your Secret Admirer

I looked at the note in confusion. Don't get me wrong. I'm thrilled someone likes me this much but is this really for me? I mean seriously, who can like me? I'm ugly, well that's what I think. I'm also nerdy in some ways. Bottom line is that I'm unlikable. That's probably also the reason why I have no friends.

l flipped the note to the back, still not believing the fact that someone likes me. Nothing on the back that can give me an idea of the person that wrote this. Also, it's just like a normal note. It's written on a piece of copy paper and in black ink. The words are handwritten, really dark and thick. I folded the letter and put it in the front pocket of my jeans. I continued packing for home.

On the way home, I kept thinking about the note. Trying to figure out the identity of this person is harder than finding out the end of pi for goodness sakes!!

Seriously though, how can someone like me?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My phone vibrated in my pocket. I took it out and on the screen it said a new text message from a unknown number. I unlocked my phone after pressing a couple buttons.

Hey, it's me Todd.

I read the message and first thing I did was add Todd's number into my contacts.

What's up?

I put my phone beside me on the bed and I sat on the floor closing my eyes, back resting on the side of the bed. The bed vibrated slightly.

Nothing. I'm bored. Whatcha doing?

I quickly typed in:

What to know what I found in my locker today?

Might as well tell him. He's Todd so he might be able to help with my problem.

Sure. What is it?

 I thought about what I was going to say, how I'm going to say it.

I found a Secret Admirer letter in my locker today. I'm so confused right now. I need to find out who this person is. Can you help me?

 I pressed the send button waiting for a reply from Todd.

Let's talk tomorrow during lunch. See you tomorrow.

I smiled thanking him in my head.

Bye.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So the wait is finally over. The note finally came!! Well hope you liked this chapter. Remember to vote and comment!!