CHAPTER 2

Before he knows it, he's home. And his plan to leave a note by class dismissal was not pushed through because of his lack of ability to come up with charming words.

Well, for one, he can approach Sam but before he even finish that thought, he'd rather bury his head underground like an ostrich.

His parents were not home yet after all it wasn't seven yet. With his head hung low, Alden crossed the living room and stepped on the staircase leading to the bedrooms upstairs.

His room was the farthest one; it was the door at the opposite end of the hallway. He adjusted his bag on his shoulder and headed towards his haven.

Just then he heard a splashing sound from inside the room to his left. There can only be one suspect for that and frankly he didn't want to know what his twelve year old sister was about.

She couldn't possibly have an inflatable pool inside her bedroom. No, she wouldn't. Not for the mere fun of it. But she did take a stray cat (which apparently belongs to their neighbour four houses down from them) and even fed milk using the bowl his grandfather personally crafted for him. Damn, that still irked him.

Alden stepped closer to the door adorned by every object tinted pink. Augh, now a picture of a prince charming and his princess kissing inside a carriage not to mention the romantic's maxim 'Happily Ever After' was femininely scrawled below the image.

No doubt his sister's penmanship although he'll give his sister due credit: the girl can be good in calligraphy. But still, all these fairy tale gooey-cheesy girlish things are becoming too extreme for him. Not even the fact that he's stalkerinlgy wooing a girl can be argued.

He better knock on her door before the second floor would get flooded. With his right curled fist was in mid-air, a sudden shudder shocked his spine. The last time he was inside that blasted girly pinkish ultimately feminine room he was assaulted by Barbie pillows with pink, yes pink, feathers inside it. He winced at the image of that afternoon. He vowed since then not to enter the Doomed Room of All Pinkishness.

Well, he has no choice.

He knocked five times.

"Do come in!" He heard his sister's dainty voice summon him in.

Something from her voice tells him she's up to something very... anti-male race. Reaching out to the brass doorknob (thank God it wasn't pink), he slowly opened the door and peeked his head through the small space.

"Lexa?" He called his sister who was not visible. Yet. "Ow!"

"You dare enter thy princess' chamber, commoner!" He saw her clutching another pillow, this time a Hello Kitty, and was about to throw it at him when he held his hands in self-surrender.

"Geeez! Lexa!" He audibly muttered. "For one, we're all commoners. And when will you ever stop using Barbie pillowcases. For Pete's sake, you're twelve already."

"Apparently old enough for a girl like me to adorn princess costumes, brother," Why did the last word sound like she more but hissed it?

"I'm only here to ask what the splashing sound was about," Alden rolled his eyes. "Regretfully, I'm not here for one of your I'm-Thy-Princess-of-Everything-Pink lectures."

"I like that," Lexa threw her pillow which smacked him on his face and fell on his feet. "Better than Thy-Royal-Highness-Is-A-Midget."

Alden fought the urge to retort something anti-fairy tale.

"So, what is your business here, Mr Alden Richards aka the Princess' brother," Lexa walked across her room and sat on her rotating chair behind her desk where her, ahem, laptop with flower designs rested.