chapter 15

Natsu: Z-Zeref!!?? W-Why are.... you here??

(Zeref looks down on them)

Aki's thoughts: (It's beginning. I can't let him hurt mum!)

(Everyone looks at Zeref with wide eyes. They are shocked)

Zeref: It is time Lucy. You must come with me.

Lucy: W-What...???

Natsu: As if she would go with you! You bastard! If you want her, first you will have to beat me!

Zeref: ... Natsu... You cannot stop fate Natsu... Not even you...

Natsu: Fate??

Zeref: Yes... This was fated to happen.

Natsu: We'll see about that!

(Natsu goes to punch Zeref. Suddenly dark magic is starting to glow around Natsu. It throws Natsu on the rocks)

Lucy/Happy: NATSU!!

Aki: DAD!!!

Zeref: So you don't remember... Natsu.. Lucy... If you don't remember your past then I shall tell you.

Lucy: Our past?? W-What do you mean?

Zeref: The source of all magic. The one magic which is love.

Happy: T-The one magic is love????

Zeref: Yes. That is where it all began... with me, Natsu and you Lucy.

Lucy: ....

Zeref: In the distant past... long long ago... Me, you and Natsu were best friends. We played everyday together. As if nothing could tear us apart. But over time we changed. Natsu has developed a liking to Lucy. Their friendship grew stronger. However, at that time I also developed a liking to Lucy. Driven by despair, I started using dark magic, and that is how dark magic came to be. Jealousy. Anger.

Lucy: ...

Zeref: Lucy's and Natsu's friendship was unbreakable. That is why one day I decided to change that. Break them apart. I fought a battle with Natsu that would last for days. The battle was hard and never ending. However, amidst the battle. Lucy came crying, demanding us to stop. But she was caught in the middle of the battle and died. Natsu and I were both horrified. The one person we loved was gone.

Zeref: Despite this we decided to finish the battle with one last attack. It was that attack that froze both of us. We were frozen for many years. The effects even changed our bodies and made them young again. We were kids again.

Zeref: Once we were released, I run away leaving Natsu behind. Hoping that the day would come when Natsu would beat me for what I have done. Hoping that he would defeat me one day.

Zeref: Natsu was then taken by the Fire dragon Igneel who heard of our battle and wanted to make Natsu stronger. So that he would beat me one day. But I also developed my dark magic. I created many demons. My magic went out of control.

Zeref: And as fate has it, Lucy has reincarnated into this world. I knew by then that the day would come again when the three of us would meet again. And that day is today.

Lucy:....

Natsu: heh so it's like that huh??? (Gets out of the rock) Well, I don't know if I can believe you... but one thing I know is for sure. And that is to beat you right now.

Lucy: Natsu...