Yamanakas and Bachelors

The Tsuchikage stared at the report. He'd read it three times, but the words hadn't changed. He'd heard the rumors that had made their way around the Elemental Countries, but he hadn't put any stock in them. Until now...Konoha's strongest had returned. The Yellow Flash was back, and apparently he had a son.

Onoki sighed. Soon, he would have to give news that would cause panic amongst his people. If he didn't confirm the rumors, they could swell into something that would cause even greater panic at a later date. Before he gave his speech though, he would need more information. There were contradictory reports over the infamous Fourth Hokage's condition. One even had him languishing in a hospital near death after having been badly beaten by the other three Hokages that had been revived alongside him.

There was also the matter of the Yellow Flash's son. There was any number of rumors about the child, including a more recent one that he was Konoha's town pariah, Uzumaki Naruto. After requesting that the more reliable looking rumors about the Hokage's condition be looked into, Onoki requested photographs of those most likely to be the Yellow Flash's offspring. A while later, the requested photographs had arrived, and he sorted through them.

"Yamanaka." he spat tossing the first one aside.

"Yamanaka, Yamanaka, Yamanaka, Senju, Iwako, Iwako, Senju, Uchiha?, Inuzuka, Nara, Senju, Yamanaka." he muttered as he rejected the next several. The Yamanaka sure got around.

He then got to the photograph of a boy who was identified as Uzumaki Naruto. The boy's stance and features practically screamed Uzumaki! to him despite the quality of the photograph that had obviously been taken shortly before Orochimaru had invaded Konoha three years earlier. All the boy needed was the red hair and gray/green eyes. He nearly rejected him as the illegitimate offspring of yet another Yamanaka, except something in his gut stopped him. He'd learned to trust his gut over the years.

"Get me more information on and a better picture of this one. Make it as recent and up to date as possible." he said to his assistant as he handed the Uzumaki's photo over.

If there was even a small chance he'd be facing Namikaze's son across the battlefield, he wanted to know exactly what he'd be up against.

&!&!&

Madara stared mournfully at his short hair. He had spent over a decade growing it out, was it decades ago now? He had always carefully brushed it to a lustrous shine that either made women jealous, or made them drool over him. Now...Now it was pitifully short, and more of an iron gray than a glossy black. There was one bright spot in this though, at least his hair didn't grow in that godawful duck butt pattern that Izuna and his descendant Sasuke's did.

His eyes finally drifted down to his face, and he winced once more. Time and alcohol had done a number on him over the years. When had he grown so old? Had it really been so long ago that women - even Senju women - would wait for hours just to catch a single glimpse of him?

His once massive fan-club was now down to a pair of old biddies and a newsletter that was more about the exploits of their grandchildren than it was about him.

How could this have happened?

&!&!&

Hashirama scowled as he picked at the carry out his granddaughter had given him for dinner. Earlier, the brat had tried to foist all of her paperwork off on him. If there hadn't been someone who was paid to keep the Hokage Residence in order, he strongly suspected that she would have foisted that task off on him as well.

He honestly didn't know why he loved the brat, she was just as disagreeable as her grandmother. He knew exactly why he had loved her grandmother, and there was no way in hell he was going to do THAT with his granddaughter.

&!&!&!&

Sakura and Ino had been sitting up in Ino's small loft having a bit of down time which consisted of pigging out on fattening foods they generally wouldn't touch, and gossiping. They were talking about boys, and some of the more attractive men in the village that they would consider dating. Currently, Ino was asking Sakura if she could picture her married to certain men.

"What about the Yondaime?" Ino asked.

"No, just no." Sakura said shuddering.

"Why not?" Ino asked, starting to sound offended.

"Besides the fact that you'd look like you two were related?" Sakura asked. "You'd be Naruto's mom."

Ino paled as she processed what Sakura had said and shuddered herself. God, Sakura was right. Namikaze Minato looked like he could be her older brother, and having a son her own age was just...Eew.

"What about the Nidaime?" Ino asked after a while.

"You'd be Naruto's great-grandmother, and Tsunade's great aunt." Sakura replied.