Stepmother

"Ungrateful" She spat in my face.

Stepmothers eyes sunk deep into my soul and I fought the urge to cry.
She didn't know what it was like to grow up in a broken family and she says I'm ungrateful.

"Selfish" She shot me a glare that made me yelp out just a tad bit.

She says I'm selfish but she doesn't give one damn about my feelings and she doesn't give a damn about anyone but herself.
I slipped into my room, let tears and screams escape from me. I bet they hear me but don't wanna try and fix my problems. They don't know what to do so they ignore it and I fall deeper and deeper into my own thoughts.
I pull a knife out of my bed stand drawer and put it tight to my throat in hopes it won't hurt too bad. It did. But the pain didn't compare to the gut wrenching blows or their words.

I'm not a happy person. The blood flow was steady down my shirt as I choked on death. There were no lights at the end of tunnels and as I lied down letting the darkness take me I was confused. Where was the tunnel I was promised? Where was the light? Where was heaven?
None of it was there but it still was better then her insults. Her claiming she needs me but then filling me with sadness. Maybe it was heaven. Pure dark lonely heaven. Maybe this is exactly where I wanted to be. I could feel my body getting wet with blood. from my neck to my thighs and around me, soaking the bed was the pain they had caused. The pain they were too afraid to face.