#4

Rory's POV
I'm back under the bleachers waiting for my boyfriend. I can see the lacrosse team filing onto the field. I wait patiently for Brody, watching as varsity warms up with the freshmen. I can see a blob part from the team, and walk in the direction of the school, which sits behind the metal bleachers.

"Hey," Brody greets as he ducks under the metal seats. I smile at him as he pulls off his helmet to reveal a coy smirk, and his blonde hair sticking to his sweaty forehead above his feverish blue eyes.

"Hi." I say, rising on my tippy toes, and brushing my lips across his.

"That's it?" Brody asks, looping his muscular arms around my waist, and pulling me flush against him.

"I'll need more than that to pull me through practice." Brody flirts. I wrap my arms around Brody's neck, and tilt my head for a kiss, and Brody lowers his.

"Well, I didn't see this coming." We jump apart at the sound of the voice. We twist, faces pale to find a dumbstruck Harry.

"Fuck!" Brody curses. Brody looks from his shocked best friend to me, looking like he wants the ground to swallow him up.

"I... It's not what it looks like." Brody says. My entire face goes red, and I feel my body born with embarrassment.

"It looks like you were about to makeout under the bleachers with the girl you always call a dork." Harry states.

"I... I..." Brody is a complete lost for words.

"Brody, are you hooking up with Rory Ellison?" Harry asks in disbelief.

"No." I say.
"Yes." Brody answers. We both exchange a look, mine hurt, and his humiliation.

"Ugh, alright, I'm sorta seeing... Her." Brody finally chokes out. Harry's eyebrows jump to his hairline, and his mouth drops open.

"You? Brody Cavangh dating a girl?" Harry scoffs.

"Shut it, Harry." Brody snaps. "I... I... date." Brody says defensibly.

"No, you don't." Harry says, crossing his arms over his chest. "You hook up, you have one night stands, you do booty calls, you lead girls o -" Harry lists off, but Brody cuts him off.

"Harry!" Brody interjects. "I'm seeing Rory, and I need to know you'll keep it a secret." Brody growls, his body tense, and jaw clenched.

We... Finally had a chance to go public, and he's still wants to keep us a secret? We've already been found out, why keep hiding us?

I choke down my thoughts, my throat swelling up in protest. I try to act like this doesn't bother me, but it hurts. It hurts a lot.

"Are you fucking kidding?" Harry asks in shock. "Why? What's your reason that your relationship can't be public?"

"I... It's my business." Brody states. Not our business? Harry's eyes bounce between my boyfriend and I, his brown eyes locking with mine.

"Are you ok with this, Rory?" Harry asks. No, I'm not. It actually really hurts that the guy I'm in a relationship with in doesn't want to go public. But... If Brody isn't ready, he isn't ready.

"Yeah." I lie.