2.3

January 15th, 2023
5:06pm

avia timidly walks into the living room, hiding behind the couch. she watches as gavin explains to her parents what she wants to happen, hoping he doesn't screw her over. they're in the dining room, and she can't make out exactly what they're saying, their voices muffled by the wall separating them. she figures she should go in when she hears shouting, though.

"you're pregnant?!" colette screams as avia walks into the horror zone.

avia glares at gavin, who's innocently smirking in the corner.

"i'm not!"

"gavin shay!" colette scolds the nineteen year old, who holds his hands in surrender.

"you're gonna get it!" avia yells, immaturely chasing him around the table. gavin sputters out a laugh in between breaths, and avia continues to glare. gavin runs off, too scared of what his little sister will do to him.

"what did you really want, then?" shay asks, once everyone is relatively calm.

avia takes a deep breath, the nerves coming back. "i want to visit parker."

"no way," shay says immediately, and avia frowns.

"why?"

"because i rule this castle, little princess."

"you let gavin meet harlow!" avia protests.

"that's different."

"how?!"

"i don't know, it just is."

"shay, maybe we should think about this a little," colette tries to reason.

"colette, you're ready to let your little girl go meet a boy she's never met?"

"maybe not right now, but she's old enough to make her own decisions."

"she's ten!"

avia raises an eyebrow, "i'm seventeen."

"same difference."

"dad, c'mon!" avia gets down on her knees, looking up at her dad with puppy dog eyes.

"what are you doing?"

"...begging?"

"well, you look like an idiot. stand up."

"can i go?"

"no."

"shay," colette sighs, the same time as avia says, "dad!"

"fine."

"really?!" avia asks, her eyes glinting happiness.

"no."

daxton yells for his mother off in the distance, and colette gets up to tend to him.

"what will it take for me to get to meet him?"

"nothing," shay says firmly. "my decision is final, avia."

"but-"

shay stands, walking in the direction of his office. "no but's."

"fine," avia smirks. "time for plan b."

[a/n] 5 away from 1k! think we can make it to 1k by the time i get home from school tomorrow?