Chapter 3

Niall

I hadn't expected this at all. To be honest I wasn't overly impressed with Indianapolis so far, they had a lot of things to do, but being under twenty one in this god damn country was such a crime. I'm an Irishman and all I want is a nice pint at a game. Although I am now used to not being able to be served, there was the occasional place that would turn a blind eye and would give it to me anyways. Those were the places I was especially grateful for. But more importantly, what in the world just happened to me? I was standing at the staircase waiting for this girl to come meet me, and my palms were sweaty as all hell as I try to collect my thoughts and figure out what happened in the past ten minutes.

The UFC fight was quite entertaining. I mean I'm a guy, I like fights. Willie and Ben both were feeling the vibe to go out so I decided to join. I didn't want to get the bitch comments and this is why we were here after all. So we find this pub, it's a decent size. It's a sports pub which I enjoy and has an upstairs level sectioned off that my security guard Jon was able to get me into. God bless that man, I'd be clueless without him.

The city is buzzing as another event is getting out so we are shuffled in the back entrance. It isn't completely filled yet but I notice there are a lot of lads and very few girls. Which I am fine with, I'm not looking to start anything. It would take a special kind of girl to change my mind about that right now. But you can't help but scout and search for birds in the crowd. Which is exactly what we did as soon as we reach the upper level. Looking out I notice a few pretty girls that catch my eye, but a lot of girls can catch your eye. I learned my lesson with that one the hard way. But my eye falls on this girl, she looks to be about my age. She has long brown hair and is wearing jeans that hug her hips and ass in the best possibly way.

She is laughing as she chats up her friend and they take a shot together, my kind of girl. Why are they in a sports pub? Why not some club? She and her friend are both attractive from what I can see, and I'm not blind. I didn't bother to continue on that thought as I watch her, almost fascinated at how she was acting. She slammed down her first drink in about five minutes and orders another when I noticed a few guys approach them.

They greet them with hugs so I assume they are all mates. I can tell by the way they are looking at the girls it's not completely innocent. Why am I becoming angry? I don't know who this girl is, but I can't help but keep watching her. She laughs as she gets her next drink and I am pulled out of my bubble by Willie wanting to do shots.

I oblige him and end up pounding two back and order myself a drink. By the time I return to the balcony to spot this girl, she is gone and I can't seem to spot her again. I return back to the couch and listen to my friends as they talk about the fight and more importantly the exhibition game Derby is playing in tomorrow. I was excited to go and watch, I'm a diehard fan at heart. But as we talk and I sip on my drink I couldn't help but wonder where that girl was.

I continue to think so much my drink runs out and my bladder is full. I decide to find the toilet which of course is downstairs, as I walk down and scan the room I cannot find her in the now crowded pub. I don't want to cause a scene so I slip into the hallway unnoticed to where the toilets are and empty my bladder.

Giving up hope I'm ever going to see this girl again I wash my hands and throw the paper towels into the bins. I never minded going to small pubs, loved em'. But the toilets were always disgusting. This place wasn't as bad but I could tell someone had just been in there to throw up.

Figuring I've wasted enough time down here I open the door to head back upstairs. I've barely got one foot out the door and before I know it someone has just repelled off of me and fallen onto the floor. I look down and notice long hair and hear an innocent, "Ow" and know it has to be a girl. She was trying to figure out what just happened as much as me.