Chapter 1: Goodbye New Jersey, Hello Santa Carla

||CAILEY'S POV||
Beep, beep beep!
Even five minutes after I woke up, the sound of my alarm clock was ringing in my ears.
I wish I never woke up...
It was 6:00 in the morning, and I usually never wake up at that time, except when there's school, which there's not, because it's summer. That meant I woke up for something other than school, something important. Not necessarily important to me, but important in general, for my family. It was moving day. Crap. I didn't want to leave my perfect Jersey life behind to go to some small town in California. It was all my stupid mom's fault. It wasn't fair that we had to move. I wanted to stay at the same house, in the same school, with the same friends. But nooooo! My mom just had to accept this huge job offer! My life sucks. Oh well, I guess I have to suck it up, for the sake of my family. I mean, it's a good thing my mom's gonna be getting more money to support our family, but I don't wanna leave.

We started packing up the moving van and our car and before we knew it, we were off on our journey to Santa Carla, California.
"Oh come on, Cailey, I heard this place is bouncing with excitement!" my mom said about 3 hours into the drive.
"Yeah...more like bouncing with boredom." I replied, glumly.
"You haven't even seen the place and you're already going to assume it's boring?" she asked.
"I guess I won't judge it until I see it." I said, slumping down in my seat. Man, I just wanted to be at home, in New Jersey, on the beach, hanging out with all my friends. It was kinda sad to think about that not happening anymore, at least not in the same place with the same people...