Fear of Heights

Whoosh. Scream.
Another train squeals up the  metal tracks leaving a threatening screech. Your stomachs suddenly disappears and you can't help but whine to Dylan. "I want to take the chicken exit," You plead and tilt your head seeking Dylan's response. Dylan grins and swings your enclasped hands in a cheerful manner. "Oh come on (Y/N), I'll protect you." Dylan chirps and watches the next few cart climb up the mountain at Universe Of Fun, the biggest amusement park in your immediate area.

A sweaty tourist elbows you in the back and you turn around. The line to the amusement's parks biggest attraction snaked all the way to the entrance. Hundreds of bored people waited in line and you were the very next person. A disinterested ride operation with a cigarette between her fingers and multiple tattoos covering her body turned to you and Dylan.

"Step up to the gate and I'll tell you when, Hun." She grunted. You obliged and Dylan followed. As soon as the operator gave her word, Dylan pulled you into the loading dock and sat down on a sweaty padded seat. You stepped past him and put your guy's bag into a bin. You fought the urge to flee down the chicken exit but reason with yourself. Closing your eyes you sat next to Dylan.

"Stay upright and hold on tight because The Piston is about to shoot. Bang bang, the operator pressed a button releasing a gun shot sound and the cart jilted to life. Dylan and you clicked and clacked up the mountain and once you and Dyl were far enough away from people He leans over so you can hear him over the machinery and says "Oh my gosh we are high up!" You laugh nervously and decide not to peek over the edge of the cart at the parking lot which probably looks like ants right now. Dylan puts his hand on your thigh to stable himself to talk to you and it makes you blush immediately. "You're cute when you're scared." Is all he says and you look into his grinning eyes so brown and chocolatey and wonder why it took you so long to find him. While he is leaning over the side admiring the view you lean over and kiss his cheek. Before he can retaliate you both plummet 500 screaming feet and you feel like you're flying of the path of the earth. The floor dropped and you couldn't move for a paralyzing couple of seconds. Once your cart reaches flat tracks and your world is level you realize you are holding on to Dylan for real life. Laughing, Dylan holds your face up and kisses you sweetly. You can feel each other giggling as you are kissing. The roller coaster swings into a screeching halt and the ride is over.