Chapter One

Chapter One: Meeting the Deen

All of us stood there, everyone dolled up in dresses and skirts while I was in black slacks, black button up shirt, and a black vest. My hair was straightened. The two commentators were sitting next to the Deen. "Ladies, you have shamed Barden Univeraity by putting us in the gutter." The Deen began. I zoned out, not really wanting to hear him rant.

"You have been suspended from finishing your national tour." The female said. "Your terms are here." She added, giving Chloe a book. "And you will not be able to cast auditions. We don't need more of you spreading like a fungus." The Deen said. "So, we won't be able to defend our title?" Chloe gasped. I looked at her with sadness. She has been on the Bella's longer than any of us standing here. It really means a lot to her.

I mean, it does to me too, but not as much. I joined the Bella's because they needed my help and I fell in love with accapella. I loved competing. The bright lights, the costumes, the trill of being out in front of an audience. It never ceases to amaze me.

I flinched out of my daydream by someone snapping their fingers in my face. We were now outside on the grass. "Hello, Kat. Are you even listening?" Chloe said. I sighed. "Yeah." I lied. I saw Becca pull out her phone and walk away from the group. She hung up when she was done talking and went back over to us. I wonder who she was talking to.

Sorry this is so short. I will hopefully have a longer chapter next update.

-DWG