O N E

ONE Coming Back

Henley didn't want to come back to this place, where her family died. Where her family was murdered. She was currently mad at her brother as they drove to Beacon Hills.

"Why are we coming back here again?" She asked annoyed

"Laura is there" Derek grumbled

They both sat back into a silence that wasn't necessarily comfortable, you can feel the tension between the two. Before they had left Henley had screamed her head off at Derek, he knew she didn't like the place, he wasn't so happy himself having to go back but it had to be done.

After a while they arrived at their old burnt down house, Henley stayed put in her seat, not moving a muscle. Just seeing the house like that sent her back to the night it all happened, the screams, her uncle peter screaming at her to get out

" go get out Henley! Now!" Peter shouted at the little girl as the flames in the household grew

"N-no I can't leave you uncle pe-peter" the tiny girl sobbed, taking a step forward to her uncle

"you have to sweetie, go find Derek and laura, quickly before they find you" he said weakly "go Henley, go now!" he shouted one last time and Henley did as she was told this time, she ran out of her house wheezing and looking for her two older siblings

"Henley? Are you okay?" Derek asked the girl a solemn look on her face

"Yeah fine, never been better" she said, knowing damn well he knee she was lying

Getting out the car Henley adjusted the backpack she had brought with her, walking closer to her burnt home she hesitated walking up the porch stairs

"C'mon Eley" Derek said using her old nickname as he put his arm around the younger Hale

Henley sighed but walked up the stairs and soon stepped inside the house, her hands were shaking, she was usually never like this. She wasn't weak, but seeing this reminded her of when she was. And that made her mad. She can't just sit here and throw herself a pity party, no she is going to be better than that. She's going to be her usual broody self.

Walking up the stairs that led to the second floor she passed by Laura's old room and was now standing next to her old bedrooms door, taking one big breath she opened the door and what she saw surprised her. Looked like the fire didn't really catch her room.

Walking in and setting her backpack by her door she noticed the other bags she brought were already up here, Derek must've brought while she was spacing out in the car. Henley thought to herself

Walking over to her old dresser she saw some pictures she had there, one of her and her mom, one if her and Derek, and one of the whole Hale family. She smiled sadly picking up the family portrait, she was on Derek's shoulders and she had the brightest smile. Now she barely smiles like that, a smile filled with life, with hope. All her hope has fled, hope was no longer her friend.

She put down the picture and sat down on her old bed, she didn't care that it was old and disgusting, she still sat there and stared blankly at the wall in front of her. No thoughts crossing her mind, it was empty, again.

"Hey, I'm gonna go out" Derek spoke from her doorframe gaining her attention "I'll be back in a few" she nodded her head letting him know she had heard him

"Okay" she muttered as he walked away

She waited a bit until she heard the front door downstairs open only to be slammed shut again, standing up from where she was sitting she decided to see the rest of the house, she hasn't been here in so long she almost forgot how it looked like, key word being almost.

Walking in and out of rooms, reminiscing of some happy memories she held in some of them.

Finally her little "tour" ended in the kitchen when she realized how hungry she was. Taking her phone out from her pocket she called Derek

"Henley? Is there something wrong? Are you hurt?" Derek quickly shot question after question at her, he obviously cared for his younger sister. He had been even more protective of her after the fire.

"No, no I'm fine" she smiled slightly at her brother's questions "I'm just really hungry and was going to ask you to bring something home for us to eat" she told him

"Oh, okay yeah I'll bring something home" he sighed in relief knowing that his sister wasn't in danger, Henley was the only one to see her brother's soft side after the fire, not even laura saw it but Henley did, and she's glad she can because just like derek she had a soft side, but she only showed that to Derek. She was closest to him after all before and even more after the fire.

"Okay great, well I'm gonna let you back to what ever it is you are doing. Bye Derek" Henley waited a bit to end the call until she heard derek mutter a quick 'bye'

Putting her phone back in her pocket she sighed and ran her fingers through her hair, soon deciding that she wanted some fresh air she stepped outside and let the cool night breeze calm her down.

Henley had always liked the night sky, it calmed her down. It was almost nostalgic as weird as that may sound. So that's what Henley did for most of the time, sit outside on the porch, looking up at the night sky. She sat there for quite sometime until Derek's black camaro rolled up and they both headed inside to eat whatever derek had brought for them.

Maybe being back won't be so bad Henley thought to herself

If only she knew how everything was going to do a complete 180 on her, if only she knew