Chapter Two

Chapter Two : Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

~*~

The train stopped after a few hours, and the twins got up from their seats, "Well, it was very nice sitting in this old compartment with you, but we have to bolt." Fred said as he shook Emma's hand and waited for George.

"And we expect to see you around. Didn't think we were here only for the train ride, did you?" George chuckled.

"Of course, not! I would be offended if you didn't." Emma replied, getting up as well.

Fred and George grinned at each other before the said goodbye and headed out of the compartment.

After waiting a few minutes for no reason at all, Emma bounded out of the compartment herself.

"Emma!" called out Pansy as she jogged up to the blonde, and made an apologetic face. "I am terribly sorry, I didn't come back. I got lost on my way back and then ran into this boy named Theodore Nott. We tried to look for you, but a few older students wouldn't let us through. So we had to sit with Daphne Greengrass and Madeleine Twist. I'm so sorry!"

"That's completely alright. The Weasley twins came by, they kept me company. We had fun. They taught me how to do something called the Bat-Bogey Hex now." Emma nodded as the two girls began to shuffle off towards the door. Emma had changed into her school robes somewhere between when the Twins went to throw something called Dungbombs in some other carriage.

"That's a relief. I felt terrible for bailing on you." said Pansy.

"First years, to me!" The giant from the Diagon Alley, Rubeus Hagrid, waved the first years over.

Pansy nudged Emma's shoulder and pointed towards Hagrid. Emma nodded and let Pansy guide her by the elbow toward the small crowd of first years forming around the half giant.

"Alright, that all?" Hagrid asked nobody in particular and afterwards lead them towards the lake and pointed to the many boats lining the dock, "four in one, come on!"

"What does he mean?" Emma asked.

A group of older students that were passing by stopped. A tall girl turned to Emma and Pansy with a smile and said, "He means for all first years to climb into those boats over there. They will lead you straight to the Castle. Its kind of like a ritual, which you have to follow, unfortunately."

The group then walked off towards rows upon rows of carriages. Pansy and Emma turned to one another and shrugged, before the two walked towards one of the boats and cautiously stepped foot into the one still on shore. After fully stepping into the boat, they sat upfront, next to one another.

Soon enough, the boat was home to two more students and Hagrid settled all alone in another boat, at the head. Once everyone was settled, the boats began moving; they were magically pulling themselves across the water and towards the castle.

The boats stopped at the dock on the opposite side of the lake from where they'd started, Hagrid was the first to climb out and told the students to do so too.

"Oi, you there! Is this your toad?" He shouted at someone as he checked the boats as the students filed out of them.

"Trevor!" A short round boy shouted in pure happiness as he leaped forward and snatched the croaking toad into his arms. Some of the first years snickered at him but Emma and Pansy only smiled sympathetically at him.

Afterwards, the students proceeded to clamber up a passageway of rocks, the light from the lamp Hagrid was holding, guided them through it until they were facing the great wooden castle doors. Hagrid then knocked on the door three times.