1995 9 years ago

I was in a pretty low place. My mental health situation didn't make anything. I had gotten to the point that I thought that even prison wouldn't take me. So I just broke the law. Myself and a friend were sat in his car he turned down the music and looked at me.
"You ready?" He asked
"I nodded." I was nervous. He did drugs he didn't care about the law. I didn't want to do this I just needed the money to feed my kid.
"Fuck yeah." He said pulling a mask over his face.
He put out his hand and I placed the pistol in his palm gently. I hadn't bought it for this I bought is for a suicide, but he couldn't know that. I took a deep breath, I was shaking. I did not want to do this. He noticed my anxious expression.
"Listen your just driving me away that not illegal. Okay? You are gonna be alright buddy."
"I guess your right but-"
"Awesome see yah." He cut me off slamming the door. I watched nervously as Devon walked into the store. Every second felt like an hour.
And eventually it had been half an hour when I realised I better check he's alright. I took a few deep breaths and got out of the car. I pushed open the door and my jaw dropped.

Devon was stood with his hands up and some guys arm around his neck and another pointed a gun at him.
My eyes widened in horror all I could say was "shit."
Just that one word over and over.
"Shit shit shit."
"Hey, you with him." I wasn't paying attention when I heard
"Excuse my you tatted duck I'm talking to you." I looked down at my sleeves. I could just walk out and be safe. I looked at my best friend and he called to me
"K, bros forever right dude?" I sighed
I thought for a moment.
"Fuck you." I said stubbornly everyone looked around not sure who it was aimed at.
"I payed to have this shit done, fuck. You." I repeated.
"Let him go."
I then noticed two others one had a shot gun pointed at D and the over had one pointed at me. And that's when I realised what I had gotten myself into.

I could see Devon starting to panic. I noticed his gun on the ground.
"Put you hands up." Someone yelled
I couldn't think or feel everything was like a dream. I slowly put my hands up staring at the ground.
"Come on man. He's got a daughter you can't do this."
D was making it worse.
"Dude shut the fuck up." I snapped
"You have fucked with the wrong people my friends." The guy with the gun pointed at me said laughing. Get them Jeff.
Next thing I knew I was on the floor. No man can take the end of a gun I the head multiple times. I woke up tied back to back with Devon who seemed terrified.
"K are you awake?"
I looked around. Everything was blurry my ears rung and my head ached. I felt blood trickling down my head. I was looking for a way out
"K?!" Devon said panicking
"Kaleb fucking Black don't leave me your my only friend."
"I I...I'm fine." I said shaking my head. "Don't worry the world is gonna keep its one strange spelling of Caleb."
"Ha ha." He laughed sarcastically. "Nows not the time for humour I know you were in the army so your brave but i wasn't so try help me out here."
"I'm not brave." I muttered. "Fuck that I'm broken as hell." I could almost feel how confused he was I always acted happy. It was silent.
"Listen we gotta get the hell outta here."
"Ha, no kidding. He said shaking. I knew we were fucked. But I couldn't tell him that we were dead.