Movie Night - for @skriegasaurus

"Dan, that's like your third bowl."

"Do I look bothered?" Dan dramatically raised another Malteser and popped it in his mouth with an exaggerated bite.

Phil looked down at his hot chocolate, watching the little marshmallows melt slowly on the surface. The table was covered in various snacks and bags, wrappers and empty cups, plates and crumbs, and even Ronald McDonald would have thought they were overdoing it.

"It's your turn to pick a film." Dan waved his arm at the massive pile of DVDs. "Do we have any ice-cream?"

"You ate it all."

"Oh."

There was a pause, as Dan stared thoughtfully at nothing - he was probably debating whether more ice-cream was worth the effort of walking to the shop.

"I don't think you're okay, Dan." Phil picked up his cup and tried to scoop out a couple of marshmallows with his tongue (without burning it), which was actually harder than expected.

"I'm fine. I'll work it off or something." Dan shrugged, throwing one of the little chocolate balls and trying to catch it in his mouth. He didn't even look at Phil as he spoke.

"That's not what I meant."

Dan carried on throwing Maltesers as if he didn't even hear Phil.

"Just tell her you're sorry." Phil moved into a more comfortable, cross-legged, sitting position, still clutching the warm cup in his hands. There was silence. "Dan, you can't eat away your-"

Dan stood up, pulled Death Note from the pile, and marched off to his room (still carrying the bowl of chocolate) without a word.