16: Is Marriage Real?

It seems like no matter how many werewolf stories I read, hardly any of them inclued marriage.

For the ones that do, its hardly talked about aside from the proposal and then actual wedding.

Dont get me wrong, im not into marriage either but it is a common thing you know.

Maybe with being mates for life you dont technically need to get married. But hey, neither does a vampire you know.

It just frustrates me that this alpha couple never even really tell anyone they are dating.

In fact, in most cases the guy just kidnaps her or they just fall in love after meeting and all the other charaters just seem to know whats going on.

I have read a book or two that did include this consept, but I wasnt a fan.

In one, the book ended with the girl who was a rare white wolf getting proposed to by her gorgeous alpha mate. And that was how it ended.

They had just ended a small war between rouge werewolves and his mate was badly hurt. Together they sat on the battle feild and there he proposed to her.

It was a cute for the short book it was but there was no sequel. So that was it. I woundered if there would ever be another, so much was still unclear.
_________________
In another book, a few chapters in the guy proposes to this chick. She rejects him.

Then 4 chapters later (like 5 days) she is proposed to by a diffrent guy. She says yes.

Sexy alpha guy is supper jelouse at this point and wants to make a scence. For about 3 chapters (like 2 days) he plots the destruction of their wedding.

But when the day comes, he is too late. They had gone through with it before the original date.
____________________________________

Sometimes its just too rushed, other times its not mentioned at all.

I personally dont use this concept and I understand why I dont see too many good ones.

Its one of those things ontop of whatever else is going on in your story and is sometimes easier left out.

Still, Id love to see some non traditional weddings in werewolf stories.

Cant they have something small where the pack gathers and they bind hands. It doesnt have to be something lingering through your chapters.

MY TIPS
___________________________________

Just do what you want

⭐Like, ✏Comment, 🖱Share