It is on...

“What?” Jesse and I asked simultaneously.

“God you slowpokes! I said, it’s time to find us dates!” Amanda said, pretty excitedly.

“You do realize that this makes us totally hypocrites, right?” I asked.

“Hypocrites how?” Amanda looked confused.

“We were just talking about all these people fussing over this dance,” Jesse started to explain my point, “ and now you’re suggesting that we find us dates. Which, may I add is a hell lot of trouble to go over. So going over this much trouble for this stupid dance makes us hypocrites.”

“Hmm…I get your point,” Amanda said. “But we are not going to go through all that trouble just for this dance.”

“Then?” I asked

“My point is, my dear friend, this is a matter of honor, prestige and self respect,” Amanda stated, quite dramatically.

“Huh?” Jesse and I were completely puzzled by now.

“We do it so that we refrain from committing social suicide by going with each other. I don’t want to be labeled as a loser who couldn’t even get a date to a stupid school dance for my senior year next  year and neither do you,” Amanda explained.

“You’ve got a point. I agree with Amanda,” I told Jesse.

“Fine then, count me in,” said Jesse.

“Didn’t need a lot of convincing huh.” Amanda said, eyeing Jesse and me,” But I’m glad! Tie your hair in a braid ladies, get ready, we are to find some cute dates to the ball.”

“Yeah!” I put my fist in the air.

 “ But Amy dear,” I continued,” how exactly are we going to do it? It isn’t really up to us. Looking at our dating history, how on earth will we be able to get a guy to ask us to the dance?”

“We’ll have to figure it out,” Amanda told us.

The rest of the lunch period went by in discussing a Plan of Action. We decided to meet after school at Amanda’s house to discuss it further.

So now here we were, having an after school special of our own at Amanda’s place.

“Confidence is the key, girls!” Amanda was giving Jesse and me some tips and tricks to get guys.

She googled it! Talk about desperate! But, we had to do this to protect our social lives. Amanda was right. It was our senior year next year and we didn’t really want to be labeled as losers throughout senior year. This year had just started. So we had plenty of time to make an impression, starting with this dance. If we somehow landed some cute dates, we’ll survive.

“Guys like confident girls. Strong-minded, level headed and at times feisty girls,” Amanda was still rambling. “Understood?”

“Understood,” Jesse and I answered in sync.

“Lesson one girls: Carry yourself with confidence. No slouching, no fidgeting, no nervousness. Get it?” Amanda asked.

“Got it,” we nodded.

“Um…” I raised my hand.

“Yes,” said Amanda.

“I have a question. What are gonna say to the rest of the gang guys?” I asked Jesse and Amanda.

“We aren’t going to say anything to them,” replied Amanda.

“We aren’t?” it was Jesse who inquired this time.

“Yes, we aren’t going to say anything to them. As we discussed earlier, Rob and Matt are sure to find some poor lonely chicks and take them. Now, let’s accept the fact that Tia, Alice and Maria already have boyfriends. It’s just us three. We are the ones who’ll have to face social suicide if we don’t find a date. Popular people can afford to go as stags, we can’t. So we find a date and keep this plan of ours a secret. Agreed?”

“Agreed,” I replied.

“Agreed,” Jesse joined me.

So we were now on a ‘secret mission’ of our own. After  Amanda’s so called ‘lesson one’ of confidence, we did nothing but procrastinate the rest of the evening watching chick flicks, having a pop corn fight and just talking.

We decided to get together at Amanda’s place and work on finding a date and we parted ways.

It was on…                   

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dedicated to @shinning_me coz she's going to be my publisher someday! lol! :P

For you Anjie! :)