Chapter 15

AN// Guys this is a really short chapter and it's not my best, but just hold out for a couple more days because SCHOOL IS NEARLY FINISHED FOR THE TERM and I'll have more time to work on this. ;-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"JACKSON! We're borrowing one of you cars and a motorbike!" I yell up the stairs.

I hear a thump and running. Next thing I know, he's speeding around the corner before stopping at the top of the stairs.

"Ummm, what?" He asks.

I giggle. His cars were his babies. He only had like 5 of them. Plus 2 motorbikes.

"Cars. Motorbike." I tell him, cracking a smile at his expression.

"But, but... What?" He asks hopelessly. Oh dear, he has it bad. For his cars and motorbikes. Maaaatee.

"The guys are borrowing a car and I'm taking the black bike."

"You can ride a motorbike?" He asks doubtfully.

I grin like the devil.

"Yes, I can. I can do a lot of things you will never know about."

"Oh yeah, like what?" He shoots back.

"Like abseil down a cliff. Shoot a bulls-eye with my eyes closed. The list goes on." Heal incredibly fast, fly planes, helicopters. Kill.

"Anyway, we're borrowing a car and I'm taking the black bike. We already have the keys, we just thought we should tell you." I wink and jingle the keys.

His jaw drops and I laugh at his facial expression.

"See you later Jackson." And with that, I turn on my heel and walk out the front door.

I head towards where the guys are gathered around Jackson's black Ferrari Tu Nero and his black Kawasaki ninja.

"I'm going now, you follow behind. Leave at least a 5-minute gap." I say.

"Is this really going to work?" Callum questions me for the 10th time.

"Yes it is, and if you don't think it is, you can stay here and have some special bonding time Jackson. Take your pick," I spit at him.

Things were still icy between the two of us, but if he is going to continue to act like I couldn't make a proper decision, I am going to continue to be a bitch.

He opens his mouth as if he was going to verbalize more negative thoughts, but then closes it again and looks at the ground. Good.

I climb onto the bike and turn over the engine. The purr of the engine underneath me makes me smirk and I turn to look at the guys.

"5 minutes." I remind them.

They all nod their heads in understanding. No one wants to piss me off right now.

I nod back, put my helmet on and roar off.

I may be smirking from the thrill of finally getting back on a bike, but inside, I am going over the plan.

I meet up with Shane while the team follow behind me. Shane and I are meeting in a public place and with the 5-minute window between the guys and me, it wouldn't look suspicious if they turn up in the same place we're meeting. I really hope this works out and that Cal wasn't right. But something in my conscience is warning me not to let my guard down around Shane.

Breathe Ivy.

Observe.

Listen.

Live.