Chapter One

Walking down the desolate streets at 3am in the morning wasn't my intended plan, and I certainly didn't expect that I'd crash into so many people on the way, but Chicago never fails to surprise me, there's no where else like it.

A young girl walked by me clinging to her body to avoid the cold biting at her skin, completely oblivious to what she had just passed; a monster. I smirked, quickly grabbing her arm and slapping my other hand around her mouth, her fearful eyes looked at me, begging for me to not hurt her. Well, she can plead and beg all she likes, she'll die either way.

"Iyzabel!" someone called, it caught my attention, and I briskly turned on my heel to see a randomer that I'd never seen before in my life running up the street waving to get my attention, I raised my chin and watched as they ran, panting heavily.

"It's your lucky day." I whispered to the young girl as I released her from my grip and she sprinted away down the opposite end of the street, I didn't spare her another glance. I turned my full attention to the approching human.

"Yes?" I answered politely, cocking my head to the side watching the man, not caring how he knew my name. My arms folded over my chest, creasing my plain tee and I stared awaiting his next move, it took him a few seconds to re-compose himself, but he finally spat out whatever he wanted to say.

"I've been told to tell you that he's awake."

He didn't have to say any more, as I narrowed my eyes annoyed, I knew exactly who the he was, and I'll be damned if his return was to cause trouble. There was a reason mother locked him away from the world, I adjusted my leather jacket and before I managed to end this pitiful man's life, but someone else's compulsion beat me to it.

As he pulled out a gun from his pocket and raised it to his head and without any second thoughts blew his brains out. I watched the body fall to the ground in a tangled mess of blood. I shrugged my shoulders and looked up to the moon, thinking to myself, as I pulled my phone from my pocket and dialled up the only number that could confirm this event.

Kol Mikaelson

We had met a few times in the past and I was perfectly aware of what reputation they had, even though I was proof that they were not the first vampires on this earth, but I didn't care, it drew the attention away from me, and we had discussed in the past about never allowing him to be awakened, he'd take his revenge out on the world, and quite frankly I was OK with how it was.

Kol was the only one of his family that I had,had the pleasure of meeting, according him the others weren't worth my time, I abided and we had both agreed to allow my existence to remain undetected, but now that was all for nothing.

If Silas was awake, it wasn't good for anybody, he'd be mad that I didn't try and help him, I mean after couple of thousand years he couldn't still be holding a grudge, right?

After the fourth ring Kol picked up, a smile planting on my face, and I began walking, my footsteps silent, I spoke first.

"Tell me it's not true, Silas has not risen, tell me it's a lie."

I could hear nervous shuffling on the other end of the line, and it only made it seem more true as the silence went on. I ignored everyting around me and listened intently on the phone.

'Yes it's true.' Kol sighed, and I almost crushed the phone with my fingers in anger,  my teeth gritted and grinded against one another annoyed.

"How long has he been out? You should have called me the second you knew." I replied, my pace fastening as I turned corners swiftly, my clothes being whipped backwards by the harsh night winds.