Chapter Ten

Damon vanishes from the doorway seconds later, leaving it empty, and me with the other irritance.  Ace was smiling triumphantly at the other vampire's leave. His smile diminishing quickly though when the older Salvatore returns, stake in hand, looking dead serious. I roll my eyes, none of them will learn. I watch the scene play out. Damon places the wood slowly at his side glaring at Ace.

I grab Ace's shoulder and yank him back, causing him to release a low hiss from the back of his throat at the intrusion of their 'glare off'. I breath a laugh, surprised at how having testosterone in your body makes you seem like you have to beat and one-up the other. Boys are irrational beings.

"Oh shut it Ace." I snap quickly leaving him loosening his muscles and relaxing from his attack stance. He shakes his head quickly, finally thinking of the absurdity of his action.

"He's not worth my time." he shrugs, perching on the edge of them bed, only sending Damon a warning glare every so often, which was an improvement seeing how they were seconds ago having an almost stare fight. I walk over to the door myself, not quite close to the extent of what Ace was at, but close enough that he was away from arm's length.

Couldn't have any killing me attempts, it would just mean more explaining.

"Why are you with these..." Ace starts, pausing when he thinks of a suitable word. Knowing him it would probably be something rude. "these, baby fangers." he laughs, and I roll my eyes at his own childish action. Damon's face clearly not impressed.

"Ace, it's modern day, nobody uses those terms anymore. You just sound weird." I murmur, rolling up my sleeves, so they rested on the inner part of my elbow just before I folded them across my chest.

Ace just shrugged, moving off the bed and towards my chest of drawers where he began rummaging through my stuff. I turned away from the older Salvatore who was losing his temper by the second, and I moved across the room in a flash, catching Ace's wrists in my hands.

"Oi, don't go through my stuff." I warn, throwing his hands down and pushing him backwards forcefully and I watch him stumble back. I forgot I even had stuff in this room...I really had made myself at home with these guys.

At my action, I bet I was the only one who kept my head after doing that to him. He just hissed and tried for the window, but obviously he hadn't quite gotten the memo about us being witch locked in this room.

"Damon, get Bon Bon to lift the spell." I say, more of an order than anything else. I refrained myself from adding, 'Or I will' because of the keeping a low profile thing. Ace sent me a look of confusion, until he realised that I was trying to keep who I was secret, all he did was smirk.

"No, you tell me who you are, both of you." he replied quickly, his voice laced with anger and I run a hand down my face annoyed, strolling further towards the threshold of the door. He never moved a muscle, it was like he was trying to prove he wasn't afraid, or that I really was trapped in here.

The room's atmosphere fell heavy all of a sudden, and both Ace and I sensed it. I look up at Damon my eyes wide with angst, even Ace was slightly panicked.

"Let us out. Now."  I growl, pushing up against the wall, if he said no one more time, I'll be forced to get my way out, I look at him seriously. Ace vamp speeding next to me, and I could see how irritated he was to let the Salvatore see him at least a tad fearful. 

Damon, the cocky arrogant vampire he was just smiled at the second of weakness that we were showing, and in sync Ace and I gritted our teeth, but it was too late, he was here, and we both turn, awaiting to see what form he had taken this time, we were seeing a young man standing in the centre of the room, staring at the three of us from the darkness of the room.

They remained silent and only one word was running through my head. Silas, Silas, Silas... It was starting to become apparent that I couldn't avoid him, he was going to find me either way. Ace seemed so angry that I held his forearm tightly stopping him before he lunged and got himself killed.