- Prologue -

I still remember the day when it had all shattered away.

It was sometime after the rain. I was stomping around puddles, splashing the tainted water. My white, knee length dress caught the droplets and turned a sick orange wherever they touched. The water was warm and dirty, yet I couldn't care any less. All that I cared about was whether I could or couldn't.

I could play with it and so I would. I couldn't drink it and so I wouldn't.

The rule was simple.

I didn't have to think much. I didn't have to feel much.

Then...there was pain.

I saw my body hitting the water...heard a woman's scream, a man's shout, running footsteps... However, they all began to drift away as I stared at my own reflection. But instead of meeting with a five year old child with dark red hair and purplish eyes, the girl had grown and she was covered in red paint. It streamed down her face. Her hands. Her dress. Her feet.

It was warm and sticky.

It was only then did she realize it was blood. Her blood. My blood.

But I wasn't scared. Wasn't the least bit afraid.

There was no more pain, only the numbness remained.

As I looked up, dark clouds cleared away to reveal the evening sky. I smiled at its beauty and closed my eyes, muttering my goodbye.

- End of Prologue -