1- Just another start

Alexandria's POV (Picture Above)

Dragging Ben and myself to our new schools, after the long lecture that dad told us about- which consisted of the typical 'no talking to stranger' policy and to always keeping our phone on us, trying to keep up the overprotective dad role.

At only 8:15am, the air was humid and hot due to the sun already rising high up in the sky. I could feel Ben's hand sweating from the walk and his tiny legs starting to slow down.

I stopped and crouched down in front of him, still holding onto his sweaty small hand and gently pushing his overly-due-for-a-haircut mixed brown and blonde hair out of his face making him roll his eyes, resulting with me poking my tongue out at his pouty face.

'Sissy! Stop it! We gonna be late for new school!!!'

Adding a little stomp and pout. With that I flicked him on the forehead after kissing his cheek, swiftly picking him up and placing him onto my back, walking a bit faster now since I didn't have to wait for the little guy to keep up with my pace.

'Lex, I'm a big boy now, you don't need to carry me like I'm a little baby,' Ben said, but I knew he secretly wanted me to carry him since he loves taking long walks in places as hot as the Sahara Desert...note for the gullible: identified sarcasm located in the previous sentence.

'B, your little feet can't keep up with me, plus your school is only around the corner.'

'Leexx! I don't have small feet anymore, I go to big school. You have bigger feet because you go to bigger school!' From my peripheral vision I can see him widening his arms, overly exaggerating my foot size, making me roll my eyes.

Chuckling softly I stopped in front of his school gates, crouching down for him to hop off. When I felt the weight off my back I turned around and gave him a bear hug on my knees.

Putting him at arms length after the embrace, I can see his nervous eyes looking around the unknown environment. Putting my hand on his cheek, his eyes slowly look at mine as I gave him a reassuring smile.

'It's okay B, if you need anything just press the button, and I will be there straight away, I promise. I know you B; you're going to make thousands of friends by the end of the day. Look over there at that little boy playing in the sand by himself, why don't you say hi and maybe play with him,' pointing towards the sand pit where the black haired boy is, who is in the middle of making a sand castle.

Ben turned around and looked at the boy and turned back to me with a big smile, making me relax, 'I want to help him make a big big sandcastle sissy!' and with that he gave me a sloppy kiss on the cheek and ran towards the sand pit.

Once he got there, I could see the black haired boy look up from his creation and smile at my brother. Ben then sat down and said something to the boy; Ben turned to my direction and pointed at me, making the other boy look at me with a shocked expression, and even from this far I could see a small tinge of pink coloring his cheeks, which I replied with a small wave and a smile.

With that I turned and headed for my school which is only a 15 minute walk away, I checked my phone seeing that its now 8:25 and only have 10 minutes to get to class before the first ring for home room.

I quickened my pace but as I was walking across the road a loud sound was made. A sound coming from a car's horn and out of reflex, I dived onto the oncoming sidewalk, landed on my hands at a low angle but easily pushed my self forward, making me roll and pop up.

Looking back at the car, that disturbed my peace, I glared in the direction it came from but immediately rolled my eyes again when I saw the familiar yellow Camaro parked on the side of the road.