Chapter One: New Girl

It was 3 months into Junior year, and Taylor was having a shitty day. Sitting in English class absentmindedly braiding a strand of her long curly hair, she looked bored and pissed off at the same time. Why was school so stupid! Everyday they did the same thing, with the same people, the same boring routine, never learning anything. She had dressed nicely today, for reasons she couldn't imagine since nothing ever happened at Jack Kennedy High.

Internally slapping herself, she grumbled something about trashy closets aloud and a few people around her turned to stare. You probably would of expected more people to turn around, as the classroom was entirely silent other than her whispers, but most people there had known her long enough for it not to be remarkable.

Moments later, heads all around the room started popping up, looking at a strange figure standing in the doorway. Of course, Taylor didn't notice anywhere near immediatly. She was too busy with her hair. But by the time everyone was turned around, she was too.

"Class, class! Attention! Stop talking and let me introduce this nice girl!" The girl smirked as the class gradually fell silent, all eyes on her. "This is Karlie Kloss, she just transferred here from a school a few districts over." Whispers of curiosity filled the room as people speculated on Karlie's arrival. Throwing a look at the teenagers, the teacher talked to Karlie for a few moments before pointing to the seat in the back, the one next to Taylor.

A chorus of oooohs echoed off Karlie's approaching body. Taylor watched as Karlie slid into the seat, offering her hand. Taylor stared into her eyes for a while, a hard expression on her face, before catching Karlie's hand between her own and slamming it into the wooden desk they now shared. "I'm not looking for a friend, just get to work Karlie." Karlie looked shocked for a moment before picking up a pen to write. Taylor's sigh of relief was audible as the girl pulled out a notebook and startled to scribble words down. Faces around the room turned away, clear expressions of disappointment at Taylor's behavior. She didn't care, they meant nothing to her, Taylor tried to assure herself. Just stupid highschoolers.

Suddenly, something landed on Taylor's notebook. She blinked for a bit, then looked down. A note! God damn. With a glare at the new girl, Taylor carefully, quietly opened the note. "Hi, I'm Karlie! What's your name?" Taylor hesitated. Should she reply? Did she really want to be involved with this girl? Her hand answered for her as she scratched words onto the tiny paper, creased with fold lines. "No shit Sherlock. My name's Taylor, what brings you to the school?"

____________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! This is my first fanfiction! I hope you like it! There's gonna be another chapter up soon.