Chapter 13 - My Dearest Violetta

All the guests sat in their assigned seats as they waited for the Princess to walk down the aisle with her father. Some of the women gushed about what the Princess would wear. The Prince on the other hand, was looking around, rather bored. All he wanted was to become the richest, mightiest man alive. And he would. If he'd marry this Princess.

Suddenly, all the guests rose from their seats. They turned their heads to look at the big castle doors. The doors that would soon reveal the King and the Princess. Ramallo hit his stick to the ground. "May I present to you, King Germán and Princess Violetta." Two servants opened the door. With linked arms, the King and the Princess walked out of the castle.

"Where is Federico?" Duchess Candelaria asked her husband, Duke Ruggero. He shrugged. The Duchess looked around the big castle garden. She was very disappointed in her son. How could he not be here? The Princess is his best friend.

Federico was banging on the front door of León and Natalia's house. "León! Open the freaking door! I'm in a hurry!" He had Ludmila by his side. She placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Maybe he took Ramallo's orders and left." She suggested. Federico let out a frustrated sigh. This was Violetta's last chance to tell León how much she loves him.

Suddenly, the door opened. Natalia looked at Ludmila and Federico. "Are you here to pick me up for the wedding parade?" She questioned.

Federico shook his head. "Is your brother home? I need to give him something. It's very important." Federico said. Natalia nodded. Federico sped inside. León looked up at Federico. "I have a letter for you."

He handed the letter to León. León's frown turned into a smile. "It's from Vilu." He quickly began to read the letter. When he finished reading Violetta's letter he looked up at León. "Can you give her something from me?" Federico nodded. "Okay," León stood up from the couch, "give her this," He began to whisper in Federico's ear. He also placed something in Federico's hand.

He groaned. "In front of her family?" León nodded. "In front of my family?" Once again, León nodded his head. "In front of al-,"

"God damn, yes, Federico, in front of them all." León said in an annoyed tone. "Or in private. Whatever floats your boat." León told him. Federico nodded.

He grabbed Ludmila's hand. "Well, we're off to the wedding. I supposed I"m already late and my parents are going to kill me." León thanked him again.

"I will come back to get Naty and take her to the wedding parade." Ludmila told León. León nodded. Hand-in-hand, the pair left the small house. When they heard the wedding bells ring, they began to run.

When Federico and Ludmila arrived at the wedding, it had already began. "May they speak now or forever hold their peace." Federico ran down the aisle.

"Wait!" He screamed. Gasps were heard all around the Garden.

Duchess Candelaria stood up and walked over to Federico. "Federico! What do you think you're doing?!" She scolded. She took him by his ear and began to drag him away.

He wriggled himself out of his mother's grip. "What I think I'm doing?" He walked over to the Prince and Princess. "I came to give the Princess something from her one true love." He spoke loudly for everyone to hear. All the women gasped. He smiled at a confused Violetta. He stood in between the Prince and Princess. He folded open the paper León had given him earlier.

He cleared his throat. "My dearest Violetta, my love, I love you like there's no tomorrow. I would love to spend the rest of my life with you, but sadly I can't. I hope you will always keep the ring I gave you. I hope that when you see it, it will remind you of me. I hope you will think of all the great things we have been through. Together."

"Federico Pasquarelli, get back here. Now!" Duchess Candelaria scolded. She looked at her husband, who was watching their son in amusement. Federico sighed as he began to walk to his seat.

Violetta grabbed his shoulder. "No. I want him to finish the letter." The Princess insisted. The Duchess looked like she was about to faint; and she did. Again, everyone gasped. Guests hurried to the Duchess' side. Violetta took this as her time to get Federico alone. She pulled him away from the crowd. "What else does the letter say?"

With a smile, he handed the letter over to the Princess. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to check on my mother." Violetta nodded. She began to read the letter.

"By the time you will probably read this, we will most likely be a hundred years older. You will have married the Prince and I will be far, far away. I hope you will still visit Naty sometimes. She loves you almost as much as I love you. But no-one could ever love you more than I love you. I wish you nothing but the best in the future. Please think of me sometime, that's all I'm asking for. A big kiss from León." A tear fell down Violetta's cheek. She watched as it fell on the letter.

Federico came running back to the Princess. "He also wanted me to give you this." Federico quickly pressed his lips against Violetta's. They awkwardly looked at each other. "This wasn't Fede. This wa León, okay?"

Violetta nodded with a smile. Her final kiss from León just had to be given to her by Federico. Her best friend. A servant came to get Violetta back to the wedding. Violetta went to stand on her previous spot next to Diego. She looked over at Federico, who was scolded by his mother. She looked over at her own parents. Her mother was looking worried, whilst her father looked rather emtionless.

"Can we continue now?" The priest asked. In the corner of her eye, she saw the fairies arriving. They waved and winked at her. The Princess gave the priest a nod. Her gaze met Diego's, how was smirking at her. Oh, how she wishes that was León.

The priest was halfway through his second sentence, when he was interrupted again. A black cloud of smoke appeared. Jade walked out, with a present in her hands. "What are you doing here?!" King Germán sneered at the witch. Jade placed a hand on her forehead.

"Oh, my King, please, I came to apologize." The King frowned at the witch. "I want to apologize for all the bad I've put your family through." She said with a sigh. "Please, forgive me."

"Don't do it!" Camila yelled from the side.

King Germán shot the fairy an annoyed look. He gave the begging witch a skeptical look. "I bought the Princess and Prince a present." She offered. "I can guarentee you, no-one in your Kingdom has gotten her such a beautiul gift." She looked from the King, to the Queen, to a terrified looking Princess.

"Germán," the Queen said, "maybe it's time to put the past behind us and forgive her."

The King squinted his eyes at the witch. "Okay. You can stay." The evil witch smiled as she made a bow for the Royal pair.

"May I?" She held her present up. The King nodded. With a smile on her face, Jade began to make her way to the Princess. "For you, beautiful Princess."

Carefully, Violetta took the present out of the witch's hands. Diego groaned. "Just open the damn thing, we don't have forever." He complained.

Violetta sighed. She opened the box and took the present out. Francesca gasped at the sight of the present. "No! Watch out! It's a spinning-wheel!"

But the guards were too late. As the Princess slowly fell to the floor and the guests and villagers all fell asleep, the only thing that was heard through the Kingdom was Jade's evil laugh.

Tomorrow I will probably end this story, I think only two more chapters! Hope you enjoyed it. Favourite part? Let me know in the comments! X