Ch. 6 - PaRappa: Stage 4

Stage 4, aka: Power Off, Power On! Could this be normal? Nope. In fact, it wasn't even near normal! The stage title was, "The Suicide." Oh, crap. Could this really...? No, I refused to believe it. But the cutscene played. It started with PaRappa sitting in his room, sobbing loudly for 2 minutes. Then, PaRappa noticed a gun next to him. PaRappa took the gun and put it next to his head. He murmured something along the lines of, "At least I can still believe in Heaven..." And then the screen went black as soon as he pulled the trigger. The sound of the gunshot blasted through the speakers, and made me jump. Stage 4 began, and it wasn't anything like it should've been. For one thing, the button prompts never appeared at all. Secondly, PaRappa was nowhere to be seen. Thirdly, the music was dimmed to the point where I could barely hear it. And then after 10 seconds of nothing at all, Paul Chuck got a confused look. "Huh? What gives?! The little pipsqueak should've been here by now!" Suddenly, he got a call on a phone that looked more like a walkie-talkie. He answered it, "May I help you?" It was PaRappa's mom, and she was crying. "Oh, it's t-terrible. My dear P-PaRappa has committed s-suicide." Paul hung up the phone, and held up a 3D model of a PaRappa plush. He then held the plush in his arms as he too started crying. The stage ended, and the cheery music that had normally accompanied both the loading screen and the main menu was replaced with a sad music box melody. There were no sounds when I did anything. I couldn't choose Lammy's stages, I couldn't choose the versus or co-op stages. I couldn't press the triangle button to go back. Even pressing the power button proved to be fruitless!