The Sight Of You

My heart nearly stopped as I saw you. It was a normal day at market that quickly turned into an emotional assault. Not many people were there. It seemed as though time had stopped.

Please... let me just be seeing things

Please... let this all go away

All I could do was stand there. My legs were locked as I looked at you in horror. The memories again appearing.

Getting dumped

The car ride

The beach

The demon began to laugh again. It was hilarious to him. Just when he was about to fade. Just when was given a glimmer of hope he once again returned. Your eyes were the worst of all. They pierced through of what was left of my soul. Those eyes which I had once admired now were the empty pits of a grim reminder. I didn't say anything. What was there to say? After seeing me you quickly turned in the other direction. Your long curls swayed as you did so. I couldn't do anything. I was hopeless. I felt like I was stabbed in the chest all over again. The thought of you leaving again not even saying hello. Not even asking how I was doing.

Why?

When I could finally walk I quickly left the market. My heart was still in my throat as I walked to my car.

Goddammit...

It's all back...