Beyond Manhattan

"That's it, I quit" I shouted, almost screamed, at my boss as I ripped off my apron. My face was red, lips almost invisible they were that straight and my eyes hard as they landed on Rachael. I told her with gritted teeth to cover my shift or sort someone else to do it and she nodded, shaking. I heard the bell above the door ring loudly and then the door slam quickly after as I stormed out of the diner and into the carpark, I yanked the door of my brand new, second hand, range rover and connected my phone, before finding my song, moments later 'Love Myself' played loudly, and I sped off, towards home as fast as the law would allow. At the moment Love Myself is my go to song, no matter how I'm feeling. Angry, sad or happy. It reminds me that, in this world, some people aren't going to like me at all, and some people are going to like me, or even think they love me, but no one will love me as much as I do. I smiled as I thought about my best friend Bree, and our soon to be adventure that we'd saved since for since we were little girls.

When I got home I threw my suitcase onto my bed and stuffed all the basic clothing items I needed into it. I texted my Bree to let her know that I'd booked the tickets for us to go to Greece, for the starting point of our trip, and to pack because we were leaving that night. After lounging around on the couch for 2 hours I had finally managed to heave my heavy suitcase into the boot of my car and throw my Country Road duffel in on top of it. I felt my body become tense and I suddenly felt breathless, so I decided to sit down in the driver's seat for a moment. I closed my eyes and for the first time today a sense of calm washed over me.

Flashback

"Table three needs more maple syrup. Hurry up you lazy cow!!" I sighed as the thick Japanese accent rang through my ears for what feels like the hundredth time today. I sighed and rolled my eyes as I took a bottle of maple syrup to table three. Just as I turned around, I crashed into Rachael who was carrying a tray of dirty cups, glasses and plates. My hands flew to my mouth as Rachael and all the dirty dishes crashed to the floor. My eyes were as wide as saucers until I heard the annoying high pitched sound of my boss Riho screaming at me, "That's coming out of YOUR paycheck Aria!" I groaned before I rolled my eyes in annoyance and anger, then bent down to apologize to Rachael and help her clean up the mess of broken crockery and glass that had spread across the floor of the diner.

Flashback over

All of a sudden I heard a tap on the glass of the passenger door and almost jumped right out the open door. Bree walked around the car and sat down in the passenger seat, laughing at me.

2 Days later

No one and nothing could wipe the smile off my face right now, I was riding the roads of Greece with my best friend. I looked to my left to see that the dark early morning sky was beginning to turn pink, orange and yellow as the light of the Greek sun streamed up from below the horizon. My smile stretched from ear to ear as I slowed my bike to a stop, as did Bree. We carefully dropped our bikes, and I hugged her as tight as I could and we smiled at each other. This is the first part of our tour of the world together and I can't wait to see where we end up. We'd been saving for this trip for years, and I never got the guts to stand up to my boss and quit, but right now in this very moment I am so glad I did.

Thanks for reading, hope you like it, I might post more little short stories about their travels, but as of now this is all

Hugs and Kisses 

amydowlingxo :*