Chapter 4

Hanna's POV
I woke up the next morning with Alexa next to me.
God, I'm so fucking tired. She kept waking up with bad dreams and I feel awful for her.

"Alexa, time to get up." I said shaking her slightly.
"Wh-what?" She asked turning around to face me.
"We have school."
"Oh." She said sitting up and running her eyes.

I went for a shower then Alexa went after me.

I chose my outfit for the day; a creamy beige panel t-shirt, black skinny jeans, a creamy white blazer with the sleeves rolled up and black flats.

I dried my hair then left it down but curled it slightly.

I also changed my phone case to a white lace one. Then I put my books into my bag for the day.

I decided to lay an outfit out for Alexa.

I chose her black and white stripy crop top, loose fit ripped jeans and white converse.

Alexa came into the room with a dressing gown on and a towel on her hair.

"I chose an outfit for you." I told her.
"Thanks." She smiled, noticing the clothes on the bed.
"I'll be downstairs if you need me." I smiled and left the room.

I walked down the stairs and across the hall, going towards the kitchen.

Mom and Ted were making breakfast.
"Good morning Han." Mom smiled.
"Hi mom, Ted."
"Morning Hanna." He replied.
"Where is Alexa and Noah?" Mom asked.
"Um, Alexa is getting dressed and I have no idea about Noah."
"He's probably still asleep. I'll be back in a second." Ted said getting up and walking out the room.

I sat down at the breakfast bar and waited for my food.
"Waffles and strawberries." Mom smiled giving me the plate of food.
"Thanks." I said picking up a waffle and eating it with my fingers.

"Good morning!" A cheery voice came from behind me. I turned around and saw Alexa.
"Hey Lexi!" I smiled.
"Hey Hanna." She said coming and sitting down next to me. "Thanks for last night." She whispered to me.
"It's okay, but why are you whispering?"
"Because it's embarrassing..."
"No it's not." I reassured her. She raised an eyebrow at me. "It's not, now, eat your food." I told her and laughed.
"What happened?" Mom asked.
Alexa sighed and told her, "I had a nightmare and Hanna helped me with it."
"That's sweet of you Han."
"Yeah well, that's me!" I grinned, making mom and Alexa laugh.

After breakfast we went back upstairs to brush our teeth.
I braided Alexa's hair into a fishtail braid at the side.
Noah was still getting dressed while the two of us were at the front door.
He ran down to us with his hair a mess.

We left the house and walked to school, even though I have a car, it's better to walk.
-
School is going by so fucking slowly.
It's only fourth period, then lunch and there is still two periods after that.
-
Alexa's POV
I hate being the new girl! No one speaks to you! Ugh.
Well, at least I have Hanna and her friends plus Noah.

I don't mind English though, I mean, we are reading To Kill A Mockingbird, but I've already read it. So, it's kinda a skive right now, but I really should pay attention.
The good part about this class is, Mr Fitz is really cute, but I heard he is dating Aria... Hanna made me promise not to tell anyone.

I'm sitting at the back of the room on my own. I've not said a word.
He is picking other students to read. My god! They are the worst readers ever! They are all so slow and keep messing up. Why am I here?

The door of the classroom swung open.
"Ahh, Miss Khan, you decided to finally join us." Mr Fitz said in a not amused tone.
"Yes did, I'm sorry, I would have been here sooner, but, yeah..." She sighed.
"Just take a seat, I'll speak to you after class." She smiled sarcastically and sat down in the seat next to me.