Chapter One: Unknown Saviour

Zarah's POV

Bullshit!!

I hate it!! I got a low score in the exam. Oh no!! My scholarship is doomed.

Someone patted my shoulder. I gazed at my best friend Marvey with my beautiful,almost purple eyes.

"What's the whining all about?"she asked, grinning.

I just pouted at her and answered slowly,"I GOT A LOW GRADE !!!!! FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY WHOLE LIFE !!!!" I said

"What do you mean you didn't pass? What is your score?"she asked doubtfully.

"49 over 50." I answered slowly.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"WHAAAAAAAATTT???"she answered in disbelief."Oh my gosh!! That's a low score Zarah. THAT IS A VERY LOW SCORE!!!!"she added sarcastically. I had noticed the severe sarcasm in every word she said and caused me to shot an angry glare at her. She , then, turned her gaze away.

"Yes Marvey, that is a low score."I answered defensively. For others, one mistake in the exam is actually a high score.But not for me!! I'm the top ranking student here in Blood Ville University, ever since I was in kindergarten. I perfected all my quizzes and exams and of course projects. But not until now!! This is my first time receive a one mistake exam, in all my school life. THAT'S UNBELIEVABLE BUT THAT'S TRUE!!

"Quit whining Zarah. The test is finished and there's nothing you can do about it. Besides that's definitely a high score. I received only 45 over 50. So stop fussing about it and just be thankful."she said with a sarcastic look still in her eyes.

"Fine, let's go home. I'm tired"I said and we walked home slowly.

_______________________

Zarah's POV

While on the path towards home, I noticed that someone is following us. I turned to see three guys with knives.

(Note: our house is found deep in the woods. I don't know why my parents chose to live in the woods.)

I nudged Marvey's waist with my elbow and whispered an urgent warning.

"RUN!!!"

Without even waiting for Marvey to answer, I pulled her and started running. But, the guys were chasing us and they were gradually gaining on us.

Finally they surrounded us.

"They're hot dude."one said to the other. The other two nodded and smiled grimly.

"Looks like were gonna have a game ladies."

They slowly, oh so slowly.got near us.

Seconds of terror past by...

When the first guy was about to touch my hair,

AN ARROW HIT HIS CHEST AND HE FELL!!

The other two, Marvey, and me looked at the direction of where the arrow came from and we saw.........

A guy wearing a black leather jacket and a black mask that was covering only his mouth and nose and leaving his eyes uncovered. He shot two arrows at the other two and they fell. As I gazed at the guy, our mysterious saviour, getting closer, he was staring at me. His hair was cool and he has a tall and lean body.

"Are you alright Zarah?"he asked when he got near us.

I only nodded and Marvey was stare stricken.

"Th....thank you.. For sa...saving us."I stammered.

"Don't mention it."

"Who...... Who are you??"

"Nobody. Just nobody. Forget about me."he said and ran to the woods, leaving me and Marvey shocked.

__________________________

Zarah's POV

"Zarah. You're late. What happened?"mom asked, worried.

I hugged her and said,"We were almost killed by three guys."

Mom was shocked.

"Oh my goodness. Are you alright? Did they hurt you?"she asked,even more worried.

"No. I'm fine."

"Oh, thank goodness.we.. well how did you escape?"

"So...someone saved us.
A guy of my age I think. He knows my name but I don't know his name."

A mysterious saviour...