College essay

​Someone who has affected who I am today is my mom. In some ways positive and other ways, negative. From her I learned to stand up for myself and how to take care of myself without anyone's help. Most people would look at me as stubborn but in reality I just grew up a little faster than most kids my age.

The biggest things about my mom that influenced who I am today would be her personality. We were always so similar that we would butt heads about everything. We both are very dominant like so the point to where we can't express opinions without some sort of argument. Sense she is my mother and I was raised to respect her I was taught to be seen and not heard, there for I usually held my tongue and listened to what she said. This taught me how to listen more before I speak and to be wise in the sense of listen to others and hear what they have to say.

Growing up with my mother wasn't what it should have been, we didn't have that mother daughter relationship most girls do. We fought and argued more than sat down and talked about our problems. Majority of our arguments started with my mom pointing out things about me that were bad and that I should work on. I was always "too stubborn" or was having a "attitude problem". I was always open to her telling me these things but it always ended up with her listing one thing after another that I wasn't doing well enough for her.