Not edited
I wake up and look over to the clock it's 7. Convenient I guess I carefully get my legs over the edge of the bed but when I stand I don't feel weak in the slightest, actually I feel stronger. Better. I go outside to the courtyard and see everyone is uniformed and in the once empty space. I walk probably being stared at since I'm wearing white in a sea of black and then i hear footsteps from behind I turn around to see a group of boys snickering but immediately stop once they see me, it seems as if they look stunned I roll my eyes and just walk away. I contact my journey not really knowing what to do until I decide its time for me to find where the original key goes, a address taped to what looks like to be a box I go back to my room and grab they key. I then find the edge of the large gate and easily slip through the gap in between the bars and continue walking down the road. I walk for a while and then sit to open the letter, it's stamped with a large red seal and is addressed to me.

Dear my sweet child,

As we know we are dead. Me and Your father are so sorry we can't be with you right now and obviously you listened to one of us and made it to Kansas. There is this secret bunker in the woods and we want you to try and find it. Sorry we can't be there to guide you but I hope you remember us fondly. Happy late birthday by the way baby, we knew when we would die and there was nothing for us to do but make this letter and never let you know. We are so so sorry. Love you.

-Papa and Dad

I feel the tears forming and I refold the letter and keep on walking. I get to the forest I was told about, hopefully this is the right one but after all how many forests are in Kansas, and go into it looking at the sky it seems to be around 7:30 so I'm not that far from the school. At least not as far as I thought I was. I walk through until I notice a well hidden road but for a trained eye it's easy to spot, my dads took me to the forests a lot they said I always liked the fresh air and woods. As a child I loved camping at places like Yosemite and that's really the only reason I was so easily able to tell that this assortment of bushes didn't belong. I kick the brush to make a pathway for me and walk down it's dirt road and notice a hill but it was odd looking I kept walking along it and see it wasn't a hill at all I then notice an entry way and jog up to it. But once I reach the door to inspect it I hear a low rumble noise, it sounds like an engine and it's coming towards me. My first thought is too run, so I did. I ran behind a tree and some bushes and hid there. Stay hidden, stay hidden, don't let them see you. "Sam! Did you see what I just saw?" A gruff voice tells this Sam. " Yeah, do you mean the flashing light from behind that tree?" I'm guessing Sam said this. It's super weird though because I cant tell they are whispering but I still hear them super clearly. I try to curl up in a ball even more, but with thunder thighs it's kinda hard. Curse my surrogate mother, she must of had these and I got them because I'm pretty sure they didn't come from my Papa or Dad. The brush is suddenly moved aside and a flashlight but a weird thing is, it almost makes me scream, the beam goes straight though me. Who ever is behind that flashlight most probably can't see me. I hold my breath as well and then the light is gone, I let out my breath and some more talking. "It looked like a ghost almost, you know when they do that flashy light thing" the one who hasn't been named yet says. I slowly get up and go around the bright beams once I am clear of them I look behind me to see 2 tall men , a short and tall one. I don't stay to study their figures more because I don't know how long this invisibility thing will last. I go through my path and down the same road running. I see the tall gates and finally stop my lungs and knee's are burning from run jogging for half an hour and I can barely breath. I continue to the gate and stop if the beam of light was able to go through me I could go through anything right? I take a few steps back and start jogging to the gate as soon as my skin hits metal I know I'm screwed. I hit my head super hard and take a few steps back "Yeah, totally still invisible" I mumble sighing and squeezing through the bars again. I get to the halls unlock my door and flop onto my bed. I move my head and notice another note almost exactly like the one from my parents I carefully get up and reach for. Honestly after the first one I don't want to open this one, it just reminds me of what I no longer have in my life because they where taken away from me. I look at it and take out the first note and compare the stamps, yep its the same. I take a deep breath for readying myself for these simple words on parchment paper that can draw out so much emotion out of me and I open it.