Chapter 16

Louis POV

"What do you mean? Are you serious?"

I didn't know what to do. It was hard to believe the words that I had just read.

"Yes, I'm serious. Her parents' last names is Hatcher. And, I've met him before. That's him".

"Well, then you need to go tell Mikayla", Liam said, "right now".

As much as I wanted to tell Mikayla, she should definitely know, I saw a reason not to. I mean, someone needs to tell her, I just don't want it to be me.

"What are waiting on?", Liam asked.

I paused right where I was while Liam just stood there looking at me.

"I can't be the one to tell her".

"What? What are you talking about?"

"Mikayla already hates me right now. We're basically broken up, and I can't be the bearer of bad news. If I'm the one that tells her that her father is close to death right now, that's all she think about when she sees me for the rest of her life. I can't do that".

"So, you don't think she has a right to know about her father?"

I rolled my eyes.

"Yes, I do. But, it can't be from me. Sorry, but I'm on thin ice with her, and I can't mess that up".

Now, it was Liam's turn to roll his eyes.

"Fine. I'll tell her. But, personally, I think you two have serious problems. You need to fix it. And, you might possibly have mental problems".

He pulled out his phone and walked outside.

"Hey Mikayla..."

He trailed off as he got further away, and I quickly packed my stuff. Mikayla would probably be at work right now. Once Liam told her the truth, she would rush home to pack her stuff. I knew she would be going back to the UK, and I planned to go with her. We would figure this out together. Liam came back a couple of seconds later.

"I told her", he said, "she's pretty hysterical".

"She probably is. I'm going over there".

"I think Ana already is".

"Liam, I don't care. She needs me right now".

I could tell that he was getting ready to say something else, but he stopped when he saw the expression on my face.

"If you say so. Go get her".

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This can't be happening. No. I can't lose him. I won't".

These are all the things I heard when I got to Mikayla's place. Things were thrown all around. There were clothes everywhere, and there was incessant mumbling. When I walked into her bedroom, she didn't even notice me.

"Where is my passport? I know it's here somewhere".

"Mikayla", I said.

"I need to let my mum know I'm coming. Maybe I can stay with her and not at my apartment".

"Kay".

"I'm sure the hospital can save him. It didn't sound that bad".

"MIKAYLA".

She turned around and looked at me with a tear-stained face.

"What?", she asked, her voice breaking.