Chapter 1

Harry POV

"Harry and Louis!"

"What do you have to say about the reactions of fans?"

"Can I get a moment of your time?"

"What are the fans saying?"

"Have you seen any of the articles published about your relationship?"

The paparazzi yelled constant questions at us. We figured that after that long, the media attention would have died down a little bit. Other celebrities had come out of the closet without having near the uproar Louis and I did.

But then again, other celebrities weren't in world famous boy bands whose fame ran mostly on desirability.

I had to admit, it was difficult.

Louis and I walked everywhere directly together. It was easier for us to be protected by our bodyguards if we stuck together. Besides, sometimes it was so bad that even if we could walk apart, we would prefer to walk together.

Everywhere we went, we were followed, yelled at, protested and supported. The attention was almost bipolar. Positive, then seconds later negative. It was all a bit much.

I often found that Louis just tucked himself right into me. I would wrap my arm around his shoulders, and he would lean his whole body into mine, burying his face into the crook of my neck and chest. He would reach around my back and grasp my free hand, clutching it tightly until we got wherever we were going.

I think it reassured him, and I wasn't afraid to say that it reassured me. I liked his warmth, it reminded me that I wasn't alone.

I was also always willing to take care of my Louis, and protect him from anything that could potentially harm him.

The backlash of our announcement came pretty much instantly.

Liam made us swear off of Twitter and Instagram until it had settled. We had so many tweets coming in all the time.

Niall and him continued to read them daily, feeding us positive comments from fans, and skipping over anything negative.

We knew some people weren't happy, but we also knew it was pretty much impossible to please everyone and that those select fans would just have to deal with it.

It was helpful to stay away from the negativity.

It kept us happy. It kept us thinking positively about our future.

Now that I had him for good, I couldn't picture my life without Louis in it. Not loving him was just not an option.

He had saved my life.

I had brought that up in front of him before, but he brushed it off.

It was actually that statement that caused our first argument as a married couple.

I said it one night, and he lost it.

"Don't even say that Harry!" he had said. "I didn't save you, I ruined you."

I had protested saying that I had ruined myself, but he just got really frustrated.

"If I hadn't been such an idiot, nothing ever would have happened! You almost killed yourself because of me!"

He had broken down into tears, gotten out of bed and taken his pillow to the couch.

I gave him an hour, but I couldn't sleep without him, so I went after him.

He was on the couch, curled into a ball with tear streaks on his face. I bent down and scooped him up, carrying him back up to bed with me. He was awake, but he didn't protest. He curled closer into me.

I laid down with him, and just set him right next to me, pulling him in as close as I could and wrapping my arms around him.

"It's not your fault," I had whispered. "It's not your fault."

He had just hugged me closer.

"I will never blame you Lou," I had said. "I could never ever blame you. I love you."

We stayed silent and fell asleep like that.

I liked to think that I had reassured him that night, and that he didn't feel insecure about what had happened anymore. I was telling the truth. I didn't blame him one bit, and still didn't.

I might still be cutting if it wasn't for him.

I quite frequently traced my scars with my fingers. Louis did too.

Anytime he saw me with my shirt off, he would walk up and kiss me, then run his fingers delicately over my stomach.

I had no fresh cuts thanks to him, and some of the lines had faded away. There were still a few that would never go away, but they looked so much better.

Louis constantly told me that I was so perfect, and to be honest, even now I didn't understand it.

Every time we made love, he constantly told me how lucky he was that I loved him, and how beautiful I was to him.

He thought he was the luckiest man, but that wasn't true. I was definitely luckier.

I was the only one who could say that I was married to Louis Tomlinson.

It was a damn fine life.

Shame that things had to change.