Staying Out of Trouble Secret Existence

Happy Independance Day to anyone from the USA! I'm uploading early in honor of the holiday!

*******************************************************************

As soon as Filch arrived he began blaming Harry.

“It wasn’t Harry,” I told him rather annoyed. Then Dumbledore arrived. He took us, the cat, Filch, Snape, and Professor McGonagall to the fool’s classroom. Dumbledore began looking at Mrs. Norris and Lockhart went on babbling. Finally Dumbledore said the cat was stunned and that it could be easily fixed.

“It wasn’t Harry,” I snapped at Filch. “We were at Sir Nick’s death day party. We have much better things to do then stun your dumb cat.”

“I believe their story. You may all leave, except Sky. Sky, come with me.” I silently groaned and followed after Dumbledore to his office.

I sat down, “I might as well move in here, I’m here all the time.”

“You wouldn’t be if you behaved or were respectful,” He pointed out.

“Being a distraction isn’t against any rules, they just get annoyed and give me detention for it. I’m not rude, I’m just honest.” I objected.

Dumbledore chuckled, “Your dumb cat?”

“It’s true! That cat is both dumb and annoying. I’m very sorry it was stunned though, had he not been blaming my brother I’d have felt a lot worse.” I said simply.

Dumbledore sighed, “Regardless, can you try to be more respectful? Professor Lockhart has sent you here three times in the last week because you refused to do what he asked.”

“I refused to participate in his dumb skits from his books. The man is a fool. Hermione could teach the class better. We’ve learned nothing all year except that he is full of himself and can’t control Cornish pixies,” I pointed out.

Dumbledore looked at me over his glasses, “Please Sky? He’s a hero. How about Snape? He sends you here or gives you detention at least once a week.”

“Yeah, but he has no good reason. When did walking suspiciously warrant a detention? And when I complain he either doubles them or brings me here. It’s not my fault he has it out for me,” I pointed out. “Besides them when does Professor McGonagall give me detention? Or Professor Flitwick? Or Professor Sprout? I have a lot less issues with Professor Bins., even if I still get in trouble sometimes. It’s mainly Snape or Lockhart. Snape loves getting me in trouble and Lockhart is an arrogant fool.”

“Behave. Next time you get detention I’m going to make it the worst one yet. Maybe I’ll combine Severus and Gildoroy and make you clean.” He mused.

I felt the color drain from my face, “I’d rather die than deal with both of them at once. In fact that might set me over the edge.”

“Then stay out of trouble,” Dumbledore reasoned. “At least for a few weeks.”

“Yes Sir, I’ll go now Sir.” I mumbled running to my common room.

In the weeks that followed they tried everything to get rid of the writing on the wall to no avail. It was horrible having to walk by it all the time. One day all of us were in the library, Ron and Harry doing homework Hermione and I had already done Hermione looking for information on the Chamber of Secrets, and me sitting quietly trying not to get in trouble for talking. It had been two weeks or so and I had stayed out of trouble.  A while had passed when I whispered, “We have history of magic. Let’s go if I’m late I’ll get in huge trouble with Dumbledore.” The others chuckled and we headed towards the class.