Post It

~We're out of SPAM, go get some more you little shits. -Hayden~

~You realize that by the time anyone reads this, you could've gone to the store and got it yourself, right? -Lev~

~I see you have noticed my note, yet have not brought home any SPAM... -Hayden~

~Hayden, you know Lev can't drive.
-Connor~

~Judging by how many accidents you've had, I'd say you can't either.
-Hayden~

~Now that was uncalled for! -Connor~

~You're uncalled for! -Hayden~

~Why not instead of writing post-it-notes, you actually find us and talk to us. That seems like a good idea. -Risa~

~Same reason why I didn't go get SPAM. I'd have to physically move myself. -Hayden~

~You're the neediest out of the lot of us. I got you your SPAM though.
-Grace~

~Thank you Grace, you are clearly the only one concerned with my well-being. -Hayden~

~Grace, don't listen to him. He just wants other people to do stuff for him so he won't have to. -Connor~

~I can confirm the previous statement to be true. -Lev~

~Traitors -Hayden~

~Go eat your SPAM -Risa~

~I will, and it will be good! -Hayden~
****
~Anyone seen Connor? I can't find him -Risa~

~I think he went out somewhere - Grace~

~I'm back. Had to get some more Post-It Notes - Connor~

~Oh yeah, we were running out. Thanks -Lev~

~You're welcome -Connor~

~No you aren't! ;P -Hayden~

~Shut up Hayden, no one likes you -Connor~

~Rude:( -Hayden~
****
~I'm going out tonight, so if you need me, call or text. -Lev~

~Where ya goin? -Grace~

~I'm gonna be on a date with Miracolinia -Lev~

~Awww, I think someone's in loooove! -Risa~

~Shut up, and take these "post-it"s down before Connor or Hayden sees them. If they do, I'll never hear the end of it -Lev~

~Too late>:) -Hayden~

~Yeah, you just dug your grave there. -Connor~

~Gee, great to know I can always count on you guys to make fun of me. -Lev~

~I know, isn't it great to know you're loved! -Hayden~

~Just splendid. -_- -Lev~
****
~So Hayden, you're the one that I want? -Connor~

~YOU WERE NOT SUPPOSED TO SEE THAT!!!! -HAYDEN~

~Didn't have to see that when you could hear it from China. -Connor~

~SHUT UP! -HAYDEN~

~Hear what? -Lev~

~Damn Lev, are you def or something? -Risa~

~No, I was just sleeping -Lev~

~So was I, but then I was awoken by Hayden serenading the SPAM he was frying -Connor~

~I always sleep through the interesting stuff! -Lev~

~Trust me, be glad you didn't hear it. I'm tone-def but even I could tell that was bad -Grace~

~You guys are mean to me :( -Hayden~

~Not mean, just teasing :D -Grace~
****
No one knew how it started, but it was bad. Connor and Hayden had gotten into a heated argument, which soon turned into a fight.

"I was just telling you to be careful!"

"And I was telling you that I would be fine!"

"But what if something happened?!"

"IT WON'T! HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL THAT YOU DON'T KNOW EVERYTHING? YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME, YOU'RE NOT MY PARENTS!"

"YOU KNOW WHAT? I'M GLAD I'M NOT YOUR PARENTS BECAUSE I DAMN SURE DON'T WANT TO BE SOMEONE WHO WOULD UNWIND THEIR KID WHEN THEY DID NOTHING WRONG, JUST TO SPITE THE OTHER PERSON!"

As soon as the words left his lips, Connor realized he shouldn't have said that. He could see the wave of hurt wash over him, and before he could apologize, Hayden had turned around, already halfway to the door.

"I'm going to the radiofreehayden rally, don't wait up. And don't eat my SPAM," he added as an afterthought, slamming the door behind him.

Connor plopped down onto the couch, running his hands over his scarred face. He sat there, looking at the tattoo on his forearm. Risa sat next to him, wrapping an arm around his back.

"I know you meant well, but you gotta be more gentle, and what have I told you about thinking before you speak?" she said gently.

"I have been, but it's just... Sometimes when I get really angry or passionate, the words just come tumbling out."

"I know you care about him. We all do, but you have to trust him. Nothing's gonna happen."

"But what if-"

"No "what-if"s"

She placed a hand on the side of his face, pulling him in for a quick kiss.

Connor took in a breath, "You're right. He'll be fine."
****
~Hayden, when I first heard the news, I didn't believe it. I didn't think that it could happen: that you had just taken this prank a little too far. I didn't think that you were really... You're still an amazing guy and you've done so much. I haven't known you as long as Connor and Risa, but you were close all the same. -Lev~

~Hayden, I'm going to miss your cheerful smile and unique sense of humor. No matter what, you always seemed to make everyone laugh. You're a wonderful person, and I'm glad to call you one of my best friends. Where ever you went, the room would instantly brighten, and I can't help but smile when I think of you. -Love, Risa~

~You're one odd bird Hayden. Even though sometimes I didn't understand your jokes, I still laughed. Not many people treat me as equal, but I'm glad you did. Love ya Hayden. -Grace~

~Hayden buddy, I'm so sorry this happened. I should've kept you from going. I had a feeling, but instead of not letting you leave, or going along with you, I just watched you go alone. If I could take back those last moments, I would. I never wanted to fight, and I shouldn't have said the things I did. But I can't take back those words, I can only hope you knew that I care about you and would never want anything to happen to you. I don't have many friends, and you're still one of them. No matter how far into the future, people will still remember you and all that you did to stop unwinding. It's kinda funny, how you started the "Post-It" wall, asking for more SPAM. I'm gonna miss you. Rest in peace buddy. -Connor~
****
~The guy who shot you was prosecuted today, and found guilty. Justice was not served however, because you're still not here. -Connor~
****
They gathered around the coffin, paying their last respects. The doctors did all they could, using the organ printing machine to try to replace the damaged brain tissues, but he had died as soon as the bullet hit his brain. He was gone.

Connor, Risa, Lev, and Grace placed a small shoe box next to him in the coffin. Only they knew its contents, and they thought it should stay between the five of them. The "Post-It"s shifted slightly in the box, creating the muffled sound of paper rustling. They would never forget their dear friend.