Chapter One: [Insert Creative Title Here]

Kasai awoke to the sound of a door swinging open and boots clicking on the wooden floor of his chamber. He opened his eyes and scanned the room. He looked to his left, and saw Captain Levi (or, Levi Heichou) standing there, with his arms folded, and the same blank stare he always had.

"Nichou, you were supposed to be up 20 minutes ago." Levi said, with the same tone of voice he always had.

Kasai sat up and looked at the clock on the wall. Levi was right, he had slept in. He had slept in about 30 minutes, actually but he figured Levi was taking it easy on him since this was the very first time he had ever slept in. Kasai quickly swung his feet over the side of the bed and got up. "I am so sorry, Heichou." Kasai said, as he grabbed his glasses from his bed side table and his sweat shirt and put them on. "Just be downstairs quickly." Levi said, then walked out of the room.

Kasai hurried to the bathroom and took a quick shower. After that he combed his hair and dressed in something appropriate for the day. 

Today was everyone's day off so they all decided to go to town and have a nice day out. Except for Levi and Kasai, that is. Levi didn't want to take part in something so "pointless." Kasai decided to stay because he wanted to help Levi with anything he needed help with. Because that's the kind of guy Kasai is. Staying home from having fun out in the town, just to be bossed around by grumpy and mean Heichou. Kasai decided to wear something casual because he didn't expect to be doing much, even if he was staying with the short bossy man.

Kasai hurried down to breakfast and immediately started helping Hanji prepare the food. He helped serve the food to everyone then cleaned up before he ate. After he was done eating, he said goodbye  to everyone as they left then went to find where Heichou had disappeared off to.  

He found Levi in his office, working on paperwork. He knocked on the door, even though it was already open, and asked permission to enter. He was granted the permission and walked into the room.

"Um, Heichou" Kasai said, "It's your day off, why are you working on paperwork?"

"These are the last few pages I didn't finish last night." Levi said, "After I finish, I intend to relax with some tea and a book."

"Oh! Shall I start making the tea for you, Heichou?" Kasai asked.

"Yes." Levi replied, then Kasai nodded and hurried off to the kitchen to prepare the tea.

Kasai started preparing the tea, knowing exactly how Levi likes it, having made tea for him many times before. Once the tea was prepared, he brought it out into the living room where he found Levi sitting, holding a book. Kasai put the tea down on the coffee table and smiled. 

"Your tea, Heichou."

Levi looked up from the book at Kasai, then down at the tea. He gently and neatly placed the book on to the couch next to him and picked up the tea, in his odd way of holding cups. He took a sip then placed it back on the table and picked up the book. After 1 or 2 minutes of Kasai standing there, smiling, Levi patted the seat next to him and Kasai sat down. 

Kasai leaned closer to Levi, looking at the words on the page. He then leaned forward to look at the title of the book. "The Secret Garden" was the title. Kasai's cute little face lit up with excitement. "Oh, I love that book!" He exclaimed. "My sister used to always read that to me, to put me to sleep, before she-" Kasai cut off and looked blankly into space. "She..." He looked down at the floor, letting his hair fall in front of his eyes. Levi glanced over at Kasai, about to make a rude remark about why he cut off, then he saw his face. Levi noticed a few tears roll down his cheeks and he noticed Kasai's shoulder's trembling a bit. Levi set down the book and began to rub Kasai's back, comfortingly, not saying a word.