Chapter 74

We spent the nine minutes just making out on the kitchen counter. Nothing heavy, just kissing but it was a lot of fun. I pulled the biscuits out of the oven when they were done and while they cooled down Chase helped me clean up the kitchen. After setting the biscuits on a plate and covering them with plastic wrap, I pulled out some disinfectant wipes from under the sink and wiped off the counters.

Chase looked on approvingly and said, "I'm glad that you do that. So many people get food poisoning and bacteria from the counters in their kitchen."

I nodded and said, "Yeah, that's why I try to keep the counters clean. Are you ready to veg out on the couch again?"

He looked at his watch and looked surprised. "Well, that didn't take very long at all. By all means, let us go veg out on the couch again."

Chase picked me up again with his hands under my butt, so I wrapped my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. He carried me like that to the living room and dropped me onto the couch before sitting next to me and pulling me close to his side. I cuddled into him and his arm was around me comfortably. I found the remote on the seat next to me so I turned on the tv and asked him what he liked to watch.

He shrugged and said, "Oh, whatever you want should be fine."

I flipped through the guide and said teasingly, "Ok, so Grey's Anatomy is fine?"

Chase gave me a light smack on my hip and said, "Anything but medical dramas! I need to get my mind off of work!"

I giggled and said, "Alright so porn it is."

He burst out laughing and said, "Wait till I tell the guys about this! We really did find the perfect girl for us. She cooks, cleans, can hold a decent conversation, is so incredibly beautiful and she watches porn!"

I felt my cheeks start to turn pink. "I don't watch porn! I never said that I did."

"Maybe you do in secret." he teased me. He thoughtfully tapped his chin with a finger. "Hmmm...what is on Delphine's iPad?"

I gave him a light smack on the shoulder, "You know darn well that there is nothing like that on there!"

He leaned his head down close to me and I expected a kiss from his but as he hovered an inch away from my lips, his hand stole the remote from and he pulled back. "Ha! I am the king of the couch now. I have claimed the remote."

I giggled at his silliness, secretly glad that he was able to relax and cut loose on his rare days off. We cuddled together and watched some reruns of a comedy show. After that we headed out to lunch. He took me to the Korean place as promised and I ordered the spicy seafood tofu stew and Chase ordered the spicy calamari dish. We shared our food, had our fill of kimchi and had a great time. I didn't even see the mean waitress from last time. Excusing myself to visit the ladies room, I used the facilities and fixed my lip gloss before going back to the table. To my surprise, there was a stack of to-go boxes in a couple of bags on the table and Chase was leaving a tip on the table.

"Where did those boxes come from?" I asked him.

"Oh, I ordered some things to go. These fancy dinners like the one tonight never fill you up and it will probably resemble something close to dried out chicken with a dollop of a special sauce. Besides, I we will probably work up an appetite later tonight. We can have a midnight feast!"

I grinned at him. "That's a pretty good idea. I like it."

We both carried a bag of food out to the car and he wouldn't let me peek into the containers to see what he got. "That's for later tonight!" he scolded me playfully. The car ride home was uneventful but pleasant with us talking about different things. I still had a lot of personal details to learn about them.