chapter two

Effie babbles about the Capitol as we are on the truck that is taking us to the train and Peeta is kind of freaking out as i can tell by his facial expressions. When we are on the train Effie keeps trailing her eyes to my abdomen and then she stands. "Katniss, may I talk to you in my room?" I nod slowly and stand, walking down to her room. When she opens the door i see pink everywhere. Her walls, her bedsheets, the furniture, I mean everywhere. She stands in front of me and purses her purple lips. "Katniss is there something you need to tell me?" She looks down at my belly and she raises her eyebrows. "I'm pregnant." I whisper and she grins. "I knew it! How many months are you?" "Eight months today." She gasps and puts her hands on my belly and the baby kicks very hard and I shove her hands away gently... Even though I wanted to slap her wig right off of her head. "Wow! Is it a boy or girl and who's the father? Is it Peeta's?" My mouth drops when she says that. Uh, first Peeta i don't know very well at all... But he saved my life by giving me the bread.

"Um, no it's not Peeta's it's another man and i do not want to talk about him." "Oh... I get it, well Katniss being the first pregnant tribute I will have to phone a doctor... they will probably do a ultra sound to see how the baby is doing before you go into the games." "Well what if she goes into labor in the games?" We both turn and I see Peeta's blue eyes gleaming with concern. "Why do you care?" I spat and he looks down. "I was just generally curious." He mumbles and Effie shrugs. "I have no idea... Now lets go back to the dinning cart." We walk back and i sit next to Peeta. Effie looks back. "I'm going to find Haymitch... Probably in the bar cart." She walks out and then Peeta looks at me. "Have you ever met him? Haymitch?" I look out the window and absentmindedly put my hand on my belly. "Look it won't hurt if we get a little bit of help." I look at him and a flash back to when he gave me the bread. Then when I am brought out of the haze I see Peeta give me a halfhearted smile. I look away quickly and then Haymitch tipsily walks in and he looks at me and chokes on his liquor. "Oh my god, are you pregnant?" I glare at him and stand with a huge kick but i ignore it and storm to my quarters.

I sit on my bed watching Cesar and Cladius talking about the reapings. Thankfully they dont point out anything about me and I turn it off when they start showing last years Hunger Games. I start thinking about the dark days and what my grandparents had to go through... God what they had to go through.

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

When I wake up a huge comes from my belly and i gasp, putting my hands on my belly. Then it keeps kicking but lighter and I sigh. "Your father is fidgety too." I stand and walk into the bathroom and get dressed into what I was wearing yesterday. I braid my hair and walk into the dinning cart and see Haymitch and Peeta arguing. Then i try to stop it. "How do you find shelter?" "Pass the jam." Haymitch mumbles. "How do you find shelter?" "I said pass the-" I drive a butter knife right by his hand and Effie gets red as a beat. "That's mahogany!" I roll my eyes and then Peeta runs over to the window and I see the sparkiling Capitol and then when i see the people i know one thing. "I'm going to look like a idiot for the chariot rides."

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

When i get into prep they look at my belly and I see a few tear up. Octivia bursts into tears and her salty tears run down my waxxed leg. "They can't do this to a innocent child." They walk out so Cinna can come in... I just hope he does not look as the strange as the others. He comes in and actually looks normal just some gold eyeliner. When he sees my hand on my belly he gasps. "You're pregnant!" I nod becuase i am just to tired to hide it anymore. He clears his throat and sits. "I must apologize... I didn't introduce myself my name is Cinna." "Katniss." "For your costumes we are going to make it represent your district." "Yeah ours is coal miners." "I just don't want it to be coal miners." We stay quiet and then I break the silence. "Are you here just to make me look pretty?" "I'm here to help make the Impressions. And a stupid costume for a woman and mother won't do will it?" I smile weakly. "I hope not." Later me and Peeta ignite the night as the fake flames rage behind us. Peeta goes to grab my hand and I pull away. "Come on they'll love it." I roll my eyes and grab his hand and we raise th high above our heads. I grin so much my cheeks hurt as the crowd goes wild and then I see people gasping and pointing at me and I notice they are pointing at my abdomen. 

OKAY SO WHAT WILL THE CAPITOLS REACTION BE??? WHO KNOWS... THE NEXT POST WILL BE SOMETIME TODAY AND IN THE NEXT FEW HOURS!!' SRRY I DIDN'T POST YESTERDAY WITH MOTHERS DAY AND ALL I WAS BUSY! COMENT AND Vote!!!!!