Gracy's Book

Shaughnessy and Gracy are best friends. They play together all the time. One day they were playing in Gracy's purple room. They were looking through old boxes from Gracy's closet when they came across an old wrinkly map.

"It looks like a treasure map," said Gracy

"Yeah, it does. Should we find out were it goes?" asked Shaughnessy.

"Sure lets go!" Gracy exclaimed and they ran downstairs and filled their back packs with all kinds of snacks. They ran to the front door.

"Mom, we're going out to find a treasure. See you later!" Gracy yelled before they ran outside.

First, the map took them to the juice shop down the street, then it took them to the mall. Then it finally ended at the school. They followed the map to a brick wall at the back of the school. They looked up at the wall and saw an "X" made of light colored bricks.

"Its a brick wall," Gracy said as she reached out to touch it. She gasped when her hand went right through it. Shaughney and Gracy looked at each other and nodded.

Together they walked through the wall and into another world.

Gracy and Shaughney shielded their eyes from the bright sun. They looked around at the trees that looked suspiciously like ice cream cones.

"Where are we?" asked Shaughney.

"I don't know," replied Gracy, looking around.

" Why, you're in Candy Country, of course," a high voice said.

The girls squeaked and spun around.

"Who's there?" Gracy asked and turned to Shaughney only to find her gone. "Shaughney, Where are you?" Gracy shouted.

"I'm right in front of you," Shaughney said.

"Where, I don't see you," Gracy yelled.

"Silly, that's because she's invisible," the same high voice from before.

Then a small cat jumped out of the trees. Upon closer inspection she looked to be made out of Kit Kats.

"Hi, I'm Kate," the cat said and walked up to Shaughnessy,"I'm sorry I scared you, just picture your self visible again," she finished

Then before Gracy's eyes Shaughney faded back in to view.

"Wow cool, I wanna do that!" Gracy yelled.

"Why?" Kate asked, "don't you like you're powers?" she finished.

" Kate," a different voice said," she doesn't know about her powers yet."

A beautiful leopard came in to view sparkling like sugar, " We should let her figure it out," the leopard finished.

" Oh, hi Silvia," Kate said excitedly

" Hello Kate, and hello to you, too, Shaughnessy and Gracy. I am Silvia. Kate and I are here to help you on your journey," Silvia said.

"Wait, what journey," Gracy asked confused.

"You two are the chosen ones, meant to save our world from Sour Bell. He's an evil green sour ball that is trying to take the fun out of Candy Country," Silvia explained.

"Ok, so what do we do?" asked Shaughney.

"First, we need to travel through Ice Cream Island to the cream geyser which will take us to Cotton Candy Land. From there we need to go to Black Licorice Valley where Sour Bell's castle is located in darkest part of the valley," Kate said.

"Ok, lets go!" Shaughney exclaimed and they all ran in to the sugar cone canopy.

"How do we get to the cream geysers," Gracy asked.

"We must travel to the other side of the cone forest to the geysers that spray rainbow cream into the sky," Silvia said.

"Cool," said Shaughney.

The rest of the walk was quiet as the two girls gazed at the glimmering ice cream trees.

"Here we are," Kate said excitedly, as rainbow cream filled their vision.

"So what do we do now?" Shaughney asked.

"This," Kate yelled and jumped into a geyser. She was blasted into the clouds!

"Cool!" Gracy and Shaughney shouted as they jumped in after. Silvia followed behind. The girls were blasted up and landed on something very soft. They looked down and saw they were standing on a cloud. The cloud was sticky, it was made of cotton candy.

"This way," Silvia said as she started bouncing on the cotton candy cloud. The girls looked at each other and grinned as they started bouncing along.

Soon the girls got tired and they laid down to take a nap. Silvia curled up with Gracy, and Kate curled up Shaughney. They all fell asleep.

Meanwhile in Sour Bells Castle...

Sour Bell heard a rumor that the prophecy was true and two girls were coming to stop him. He decided to send out Hostess Hounds to capture them. The hounds quickly sniffed out where the girls were and captured and separated the friends.

Gracy and Silvia woke up, not in the sweet tasting clouds that they fell asleep in, but in a dark room with barred windows and a heavy metal door." Where are we," Gracy asked.

"We are in Sour Bell's dungeon," Silvia said." We need to get out of here and find Shaughney and Kate." She paused," Now's the time to use your powers," Silvia said.

" But I don't know how," Gracy countered.

"Focus on the door and hold out your hand," Silvia instructed, and Gracy did as told. Ice spurted out of her hand. The ice kept coming until the door shattered. They quickly ran down the hall.

" The security in this place is horrible," Gracy said.

Then something crashed into them from another direction and sent them sprawling to the floor. Gracy got up and saw the person she was looking for.

Gracy and Shaughney gave each other a big hug." I'm so glad I found you," Gracy shouted.

"Me, too," replied Shaughney." Now lets go find that big bad Sour Bell," she finished.

"Great, I have an idea," said Gracy, as they ran to find the throne room.

When they found Sour Bell he was sitting high on his throne. " I see you have finally come to take me down," he said.

"No, we just came to talk. We want to know why you want to take over Candy Country. what happened to make you so evil?" Gracy said.

"I'm evil, that's why." Sour Bell said bitterly.

"No your not. I can see it in your eyes. Something happened to make you this was and I want to know what it was." said Shaughney

Tears started to fall down Sour Bell's face. " I am the only sour candy in this sweet place. No one wanted to be my friend, so I thought if I ruled everyone would like me," Sour Bell explained.

"Don't worry, we'll be your friends," said Shaughnessy.

"Really? Wow, thanks," Sour Bell said." I guess all this was a little unnecessary," he said laughing sheepishly.

"It's okay. We'll be sure to visit some time soon but our parents are probably worried sick so we should get home. but in the meantime I'm sure Kate and Silvia help you get more friends," Gracy said.

"How do we get home," Shaughney asked.

" Just close your eyes, hold hands and say."take us home." Kate said.

"Ok." they said their goodbyes and went home. They opened their eyes to find themselves back in Gracy's bedroom. They both ran off to tell their parents about their awesome adventure.