Chapter Four

"What are you doing?", Ser Jaime asked again, his hand wrapped tightly around the hilt of his sword.

"I-", she began, as he eyed her suspiciously.

"I was worried it wasn't really you", she said quietly.

His hand instantly relaxed, and fell away from the hilt as if never there. His eyes softened. It was a good lie.

"You can put it down now", he said though, as she still stood, her arm bent behind her back.

She wasn't sure if she wanted to kill him. She wasn't sure of anything. Maybe he would truly help her get to her young little cousins, wherever they were. Maybe she shouldn't waste her time blaming him for her parents death.

"Who killed them?", she asked, not moving from where she stood. He question had come to her and left her lips all in the same second. 

He was still nervous, his hand not far from the swords hilt. She wondered if he'd really use it on her, if she charged at him now.

"Some say Gregor Clegane", Jaime answered, without hesitation.

"And other's say?", she asked.

"Lady Rhae, put the dagger on the bed", Jaime said suddenly, ignoring her question, his head cocking to the side as he spoke.

"Why?", she asked, her voice quiet.

"It would make me more comfortable", he said honestly.

"It makes me more comfortable holding it", she answered just as honest.

Ser Jaime's eyes furrowed.

"You need rest, Lady Rhae", he said.

It was true, probably. Or else she'd simply lost her mind, like her uncle. Maybe now, Jaime Lannister really would kill her. She had no sleep in days. Her mind wasn't as usual.

"Put the dagger on the bed", Jaime said, when she hadn't responded.

She pulled it from behind her back, looking down at it for a moment.

His fingers squeezed the hilt of his sword once more, as she looked up at him. And then, obeying his command, she walked over, laying the dagger on the bed.

He motioned his head for her to step away, and when she did, he walked to the bed quickly, snatching the dagger up, and shoving it into his belt.

"You need to eat, my Lady. Then I have to cut your hair. If you'd like, you can bathe. There is a bath just off there, by the privy", he said, pointing to a small corridor off his bed chamber.

"I know", she said absentmindedly. She had explored the man's chambers whilst he had been gone.

"After that, you must sleep", he said.

She shook her head, "no". 

"You must my Lady", he said.

"If I'm your Lady, why are you commanding me?", she asked, "I'm not a Lady anymore, am I?".

"You must sleep", he repeated, "and you're still Lady Rhaenaerys Targaryen", he said, his voice gentle.

She simply sighed, as she sat on the bed, her knees pulled to her chest once more.

"Where will I sleep?", she asked.

"Here", he said, motioning towards the bed.

"This is your bed", she answered.

"I'll sleep in the chair", he said, pointing to the large cushioned chair, a stool in front of it.

"And how long do you plan to sleep in that chair, Ser Jaime?", she asked, her voice emotionless, aside from a small hint of sarcasm.