Chapter 2

It had been a fair few days since the councillor meeting, but everyday I would go down to the stables to see the pegasi. Sometimes I would bump into Butch and he would teach me random things like how to groom Arke or what and when to feed her. I would bring mints everyday and feed them to her by hand, while stroking her soft face. A couple of times I could of sworn I saw Butch peeking in from the doors and watching but I thought nothing of it. Being around the pegasi had a calming effect on me but I never new why.

One day, while I was carefully brushing Arke's mane, I heard Butch's voice calling my name. Butterflies started flapping wildly in my stomagh as I heard him.

"Clovis? Clovis! Rachel's givig a prophecy!" He shouted as he jogged to the stables.

"It works now? Cool, let me just get ready." I said while grabbing my jacket and putting the brushes away. I nodded to him and we ran to the crowd near the Big House. Rachel gasped and green mist flowed from her eyes and mouth.

"Three must venture on this quest;

They must take a difficult test.

To free a powerful spirit,

They all must reveal a secret." She said in her raspy oracle tone. She then suddenly calapsed onto a chair, in a deep sleep. She'd only be asleep for a couple of hours, I estimated to myself.

"So, Butch, who'd you think-" I cut myself off when I looked around and couldn't see the son of Iris. "Butch? Where'd you go?" I said, partially to myself. What had happened to him? I dragged a had through my hair and looked around. Nope, I still couldn't spot him. I wandered around for a bit, desperatly looking for the large guy. What if somone had kidnapped him? I tried to shove those thoughts out of my head and continued looking for him. I soon gave up and decided to ask one of the campers if they'd seen him. I saw one of the new Hermes kids and decided to ask them.

"Hi! I'm Clovis. I seem to have lost my friend, could you possibly help me find him? He's quite tall, muscular, bald, has a few facial peircings and a rainbow tattoo on his left arm. His name's Butch." I asked hopefully. I had expected them to polietly say no but instead they looked at me, discusted.

"Yeah, I have." He sneered, "I saw him making out with that Nyssa girl a couple of minutes ago. Guess he ditched you then. Nobody wants a fat, lazy, weak idiot like you. I don't blame him, I wouldn't want to stay with someone like you. Definatly not if they're gay." He spat. Those words stung. They hurt like hell, even if I know some are not true. Tears  blurred my view but I could make out someone pushing the boy aside and rushing to me. I felt strong arms lift me up but I passed out after that.