Her face is blank, but her eyes deceive her and show her panic.
"It's, Pragma." She slowly states, then swipes the tears off my face, and whispers, "There are two ways to make this better, Karen." I stare at her, and I'm pretty the desperation shows in my face.
"....How?" Her smile grows, spreading the entire length of her face, as the slightly audible word escapes my lips.
"The first way, is for me to make that ginger bitch's life hell until she leaves you alone, or," she hesitates for a moment, as if considering something.
"You can end it all." Her silver eyes seem to brighten at the thought.
I cringe in disgust. But I can't wish harm on anyone. No, I don't want to become that, I don't want to be like her. I know I want to. I want her to hurt, I want her to feel pain worse than mine. Yet I won't stoop down to her level.
I get up silently, my destination already set in mind.
"Oh, little Kare-Bare is still pretending to be an angel?" I can feel her behind me as I open the school's front door.
The cold air hits me like a freight train, and I shiver. The snow falls like a curtain in front of my face, yet I still find my destination.
~•~
I stand at the edge of the mountain, tall enough to ensure my death.
Her feet land on the ground next to me soundlessly, and all she does is smile.
And I do too. Because this is the end, my end, and the end to my suffering.
"Y'know if you jump you'll be stuck with me for eternity, Kare-Bare."
My body goes still, and my eyes are wide.
"W-what?"
Her repulsive smile is etched on her face.
"Your name is cursed. You can't get rid of me. But if you die, we'll go to hell, and that pit of fire is better than here, I can say. You can kill the people you hate, and their souls will come back, and other things."
I avert my eyes from her stare and sit down, my legs swinging over the edge. My hands freeze under the snow behind.
"It's worth it." I breathe out, and propel myself off the edge.