Climbing Class

You can do it Chris come one. Just a little bit farther, you're almost there. One more pull and you'll be able to achieve so much! Just... A little... More! Wait no, bad bad bad!

With a thud the back of Chris's head hits the ground. He didn't get farther than the second knot. So much for positive reinforcement. Still it gave him an excuse to visit the nurses office. He now has an excuse for missing his math class, which was awesome. So he takes the hall pass and sets on his way. The halls are quiet and he almost enjoys the silence. He almost enjoys it because he can see Josh being push out of his class with a slamming door behind him. Josh leans against it and looks a little out of it.

"You ok dude?"

Josh doesn't even seem to acknowledge him. It was gonna be one of those days huh? Chris is just happy he can handle them. It's taken a lot of work, but for him it's totally worth it. Josh is his best friend, and they have to look out for each other. It goes both ways and it's important to both of them. So Chris starts going over the mental checklist he's gone over so many times now.

So he makes his way over the Josh.

"Josh, it's Chris buddy, it's me Josh, it's gonna be ok"

He waits for acknowledgment, and when he sees Josh's eyes look up to him he knows he's not too far gone today. That's good at least, his new meds seem to be helping a lot. He's a lot less out of it when he gets his hallucinations.

"What going on buddy, can you tell me what's wrong? Are you scared? Do you know what's going on?"

"I see them again Chris, they're always following me! I don't like them Chris! They don't look right!" Josh grasp his head and bends forward. It's always made Chris's chest hurt with worry. It always worried him when Josh hallucinates about his sisters though.

"They aren't real ok, you're hallucinating. It's going to be ok. I can't see them, and I can't hear them, it isn't real. It's a hallucination buddy."

"No! No it's not they're right there I can see them!!! I couldn't save them Chris and now they're dead! It's all my fault I should have been there! They blame me!"

"Tell me what's happening, is there anything I can do?"

"Can you move over a little"

Chris moves into his line of sight, and Josh seems to look happier with that. The next thing he knows is Josh is hugging him, tightly.

"Do you want to come with me? I have my iPhone you can listen to on the way" Music has always helped. Josh probably has more music on Chris's phone than he does himself.

Chris feels him nod into his gym shirt. Taking his phone out of his pocket he hands it to Josh and they head to the nurses office together.