White,White like Snow

Once upon a time during a blizzard,the Animals of the forest gathered together in a large underground chamber. It was made of stone and snow was on top. The bears used to sleep in there during the winter. But this winter was different. It was there for a long time. 6 Months,to be exact. Everyone was hungry so they called up a conference. Inside of the cavern was it warm and cozy. It was also loud. They needed food. "Where is the Leader? I'm hungry like a bear" Balou the brown bear said. His tummy was empty. Too empty to do another winter sleep. "I hope he knows what to do" Bunny said,who was in fact a rabbit. Some also started to shout loudly. The little kids started to cover their ears. It was just too loud.

"SILENCE!!" - A rough voice with a growl appeared so loud that everyone got silent right away. Everyone's fur raised up due to the shock. It was Balt,the leader. He was one of the strongest wolves around. His fur was black and white and full with bruises from fights. Fights he needed to pass to be the leader. Balt started to walk up that hill of stone inside the cavern,to have a better look on everyone. He glared down. "I know you are all hungry. So am I but I told you that Savira needs a silent time!!" Some animals were whispering. They haven't heard from Savira,the co-leader and wife from Balt, since the news that she was pregnant. It was the first wolf baby's that will be born in over 1000 years. Balt looked over to his mate Hower "How is the situation outside? Still the same?" Hower just nooded while the leader sighed. As a Leader he should be able to give them food but to be honest,he didn't know how to solve it this time.

A loud scream stopped everyone's thinking. "Savira!" Balt ran off to the little hole he came from. Another small cave where his wife was since 9 months. Away from every stress and loud sound. "Savira! What's wrong?" Balt said as he entered to see a sweating white-grey wolf on its blanket. "I think they can't wait anymore" She said with a whimper while her husband was licking off her sweat. He never saw her in such pain ever. "JACK!!" He shouted as loud as he could. In a second Jack,the eldest and most experienced of them all appeared. He was old enough to have seen lots of wolves being born. And the only one. "Savira are you alright?" He said while checking up on her round tummy. She nodded in pain. "Get ready for a birth tonight Balt" Balt who looked at Jack with fear in his eyes couldn't believe that it was already here. The day that his kids would be born. The other wolves from the pack walked back to the animals,waiting still for news on how to find food. Telling them to be as quiet as possible as the birth was tonight. You could hear all of them in a happy yet slightly quiet sound. New leaders would be born in a few hours and they are all here now to welcome them. Suddenly all anger of no food was gone. Everyone was excited now.

Hours and hours passed by until Savira started to give birth to 4 black wolves and 1 wolf which had a fur as white as snow. She licked everyone clean,Balt helped her with that. They were all so cute. As soon as they were all clean Balt went back to the other Animals. He didn't need any words,he just stood there,looking at them. Sitting down and stretching up his nose to the air as he started to howl a deep and long howl. All the other wolves joined while the other animals made noises from their race. Even the birds started chirping. It was a nice touch to the last day of snow.

Which they didn't know....

Now..