Chapter Two: Letter and Wage....

Akia woke up before the crack of dawn, to eat a fresh picked apple and water that was boiled in Martha's home. To make sure, the mistake that happened yesterday, does not occur again; Akia put a extra apple in her pocket.

"I see you arrived early." Lady adorn walks to Akia with a slight smile on her face. Her cheeks was red from currently blushing from the landscaper.

Akia stood on her feet and wiped her damp hands on her slightly clean apron. "Yes, my lady. I have started the floor, next I will dust the armor."

"Good. But King Theo wants you to serve him food for now on."

Akia gulped and bowed her head is disappointment.

"Go to the kitchen, and grab his meal. He'll wake up when the sun is fully arisen and he expects to see his meal."

Akia nod. "Is there anything else you want me to do my lady?"

Lady Adorn shook her head. "No. You better hurry."

Akia curtsy before walking as fast as he can to the kitchen; where it was busy and full of cooks and servers.

Soon Akia stood in front of the kings door; shaking from fear and nervousness. She did not want to face the powerful man behind this door. After yesterday's incident, Akia has sworn to stay away from the king; or at least do not be alone with him. But her promise to herself is soon going to go down the drain once she knock on the large wooden door in front of her.

Three light knocks on the door made Akia grip the sliver tray in her hand. "Come in." His husky voice was easily heard through the thick door.

Akia walked into the poorly lighted room and closed the door behind her. "Majesty, I brought you breakfast." She walked further into the room to see King Theo standing in front of his fire place with nothing but his robe and trousers on.

"Put it on my desk." He said; not bothering to turn around and look at Akia. She set the sliver platter on the large desk.

"Will that be all sir?"

"No." His warm breath hits Akia's neck; making her shiver. "No, it's not." Theo's hands was soon placed on Akia's waist; pulling her into his bare chest.

"Majesty, I must leave." Akia said.

His grip grew tighter form her words. "You must not. Have breakfast with me, please."

Akia turned to him. "I can not. Excuse me, I must leave." With out saying anything else, Akia left outKing Theo's chambers and walked into the corridor where Lady Adorn is scrubbing the floor. "May I take a short break?"

Lady Adorn gave her a questionable look before nodding. "Yes dear. Be back soon." Akia curtsy before walking away.

The beaming sun hits Akia skin as she walked into the yard. The swans sat in the wet grass as the statues glisten from the sun. Akia took slow deep breaths so her mind would not scatter with different theories of what just happened.

"Hello." A sweet tender voice said, making Akia turn around to see a young lady with blue eyes and long black hair that went all the way down to her back. Her tan skin matches her appearance perfectly and from the way she is dressed; the young lady is royalty or important in the castle.

Akia curtsy. "Hello, my lady."

The young lady smiled. "Please, call my Fran."

"As in princess Fran?" Akia asked.

Fran slowly nod. "Yes, King Theo's little sister. Who are you?"

Akia bowed her head in respect. "Akia, a simple servant. No one special."

Fran sighed and stepped closer to Akia. "Look up, please." Akia did what she was told and looked up at Fran. "You are special, do not down your self." She examined Akia's face. "You are a beauty."

"Thank you my lady- I'm sorry, Fran. But I'm not as beautiful like you."

Fran chuckled. "Oh please. Now, why are you out here alone?"

"To get some fresh air, ma'am. I must get back to work now."

"You clean with Lady Adorn?"

Akia nod. "Yes, ma'am."

"Hmm." Fran hummed. "You need to go back. You do not want to make her angry. Hurry." Akia curtsy once again before hurrying to back into the castle.

**********

"Akia." Lady Adorn yelled.

Akia stood up from her bed; fixing her night gown. "Yes ma'am."

"Your wage." Lady Adorn gave Akia a small sack of coins that can give her family a fresh start.

"Thank you." Akia said before Lady Adorn walked to the next servant. She sat down on her bed and took out paper and ink, so she can write a letter to her family.

Dear mother and father,

I am giving you my wage so you all can start over. Buy food and new clothes to keep you all warm during the night. I have nothing else to say instead of I love you all with all my heart and I'm doing this for the best of all of you.

Love Akia.