This is a Family

There isn't a single person on this planet who is entitled to treat you like shit. Remember that.

"I heard about Vincent. How is he doing, Marshall?" I asked Saturday morning when I knew my younger brother would be up.

"The doctor says he was lucky he didn't break his back, but he'll be out for the rest of the season. JJ had Mom tell Lee that y'all are paying for all his bills related to the injury," Marshall replied, sounding exhausted.

"Good, I wouldn't expect any less from him. How is he doing, though? Not what the doctor said," I asked again.

"He was in a lot of pain last night, but he's feeling better today. They said they might release him by the end of the week, so that made him happy. It made him even happier to know that we beat the record for the highest high school football game," Marshall replied, sounding a bit more like himself.

"Good, Mom actually told me about it. Almost 300 points and you played the entire game on all teams in pretty much every position," I smiled, knowing that he would go places with football.

"Yeah, they messed with one of us and got the anger of the whole team. We are a family, and you don't mess with family," Marshall replied with a bit of a smile to his voice.

"You may be a sophomore, but you are going to be an unforgettable athlete that coaches are going to be looking very hard at for the next three years. Keep doing what you're doing, and you will get into any college on a full-ride, but always remember..." I spoke but trailed off at the end so that he could finish the phrase I used so often with him.

"Student-Athlete means that I am a student first and foremost. It's not Athlete-Student," Marshall replied with a smirk evident in his voice.

"Good. Now, I have to go so that I'm in position when the team gets here. I have to stay unseen until tomorrow when my class is going to be at the game" I smirked as I saw the bus for the team come onto the base.

"Alright, love you, sis," Marshall smiled.

"Love you too, bro," I smiled before hanging up and heading into the room where I would be taking the written portion of my final exam. This was the last thing before graduating as a Marine Raider and a member of the Marine Corps Forces Special Operations Command.

Just before the door shut, I could see JJ walk off the bus, and it put a massive smile on my face and encouraged me. I sat down next to Dodge as the test was handed out, and he smiled down at me when he sensed my excitement, which meant the team was here.

As the day went on, we could hear the team outside, but we all knew that we had to wait until tomorrow to see them

As the day went on, we could hear the team outside, but we all knew that we had to wait until tomorrow to see them. Around noon we had all finished our exam and were getting restless, so we became children until lunch was brought to us.

After lunch, we went back to playing heads up seven up, and the look on our commander's face when he came in around four to let us out was priceless.